News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9.3K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.3K     0 

My wish: Now that we have digital representations of physical cards, would be great if you could have virtual cards. In other words, a card on your phone without the need of purchasing a physical card.

Just looked through the app and realized that you can already do this. Amazing!

Unfortunately if u have fair pass discount u can only have it one presto card, it would have be useful to have to cards one on phone and a backup physical card
That's not an option with any transit cards to have both a physical and digital one. It's so that people can't use the digital one and have someone else use the physical one.

As someone who very rarely takes transit anymore, forgive the following potentially stupid question: I noticed last week that I could just tap on the fare machines on the TTC with my debit card, so I wondered to myself what the point is in having a Presto card anymore (which I have) - is there any kind of benefit to having one?

As someone who very rarely takes transit anymore, forgive the following potentially stupid question: I noticed last week that I could just tap on the fare machines on the TTC with my debit card, so I wondered to myself what the point is in having a Presto card anymore (which I have) - is there any kind of benefit to having one?
It depends for example if you have a reduced fare type or a pass on your card. Also not everyone likes to have multiple small transactions on their credit or debit card.

As someone who very rarely takes transit anymore, forgive the following potentially stupid question: I noticed last week that I could just tap on the fare machines on the TTC with my debit card, so I wondered to myself what the point is in having a Presto card anymore (which I have) is there any kind of benefit to having one?
To add, presto fares are different (prices) than cash/debit/credit fares on some agencies (e.g. DRT). Seems to me I read in recent Metrolinx board meeting notes they are a looking to eliminate eventually.

I'm surprised by the number of places as Presto card gets you a discount.

For an average adult user, probably not really. Unless you like managing your transit spending via a presto card, which some people do. Mainly though, Presto is still useful for anyone on a discount fare rate. So for my parents, they get a seniors rate on Presto, but wouldn't if they pay by credit/debit.

And, as others have mentioned, there are also some Presto discounts that exist.

Back