News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

16 for me, I gues that puts me in second place for the forum.

Toronto
Montreal
Calgary
Edmonton
Vancouver
New York
Chicago
Hong Kong
Tokyo (Both)
Nagoya
Osaka
Kyoto
Singapore
Kuala Lumpur
Bangkok

"Both Athens versions are pretty bad."

The red one is much better than Dortmund's.

I don't think Dortmund's is that bad; its biggest crime is being black-and-white. At least it still looks like something, not just a blurry, speeding uhhh... comb?

Kharkiv's is weird for tossing 20s Soviet constructivism in the mix...

Toronto
Montreal
Vancouver
Edmonton
Calgary

New York (MTA)
Los Angeles
San Francisco (MUNI, BART)
Boston
Washington
Atlanta

Paris (M, RER)
London
Berlin (U)
Hamburg (U,S)
Munich (U,S)
Prague
Zurich (S) - I think that's missing

Taipei

So AlchemisTO, you've done 23 by my count.

Me...
Amsterdam
Athens
Baltimore
Boston
(Buffalo)
Calgary
Chicago
Cleveland
Edmonton
London
Los Angeles
Lyon
Montreal
New York (MTA, PATH)
Paris (M, RER)
St Louis
San Diego
San Francisco (MUNI only)
Toronto
Vancouver
Vienna
Washington
Wuppertal
Zurich (S) - AlchemisTO thinks that's missing, and it does have some underground bits including the central station, but not so much as the RER, and it's really pretty much a GO system (a very good one) so if we include it, shouldn't we also include GO, Chicago's Metra, etc.?

Anyway, that makes 24 that they count, or 26 with others.

I crush you.

Although unimaginative2 is crushing us all... (and I am sure there are some other prolific transit riders yet to weigh in).

I was 42, but I agree that the site's list is inconsistent. Is there some way of avoiding having to click the logo, scroll up to see the city, then scroll back down to select it again. Anyways, a bit irritating.

Fourteen for me. Fifteen if you count the stubby O-Train in Ottawa. I'll settle for fourteen and a little bit.

I hate that they just got rid of that thing. Couldn't they get a corporate sponsor? It's long enough after the crash now that everyone has forgotten about it, and getting a firm to sponsor and refurbish it would bring a boon in publicity for the zoo. Something like the Alberta Beef Canadian Animal Domain Ride maybe...

Is there some way of avoiding having to click the logo, scroll up to see the city, then scroll back down to select it again. Anyways, a bit irritating.
just hover over the logo and the name should appear in a little box.

only 3 for me. i need to get out more.

My count is 20. I can't be bothered listing them all though. :b

Transit Systems Visited

It's been a little while now with this thread - I added six new metros to my list (MARTA, LA Metro, Muni Metro, BART, Baltimore Metro, Washington Metro) this year. I could also make a case for the VTA (San Jose) light rail as well.

Washington was my favourite, followed closely by BART and Muni. Baltimore's Metro was hardly well-used, except in peak periods (but the north half of the LRT is a lovely route). MARTA was a quick jaunt. I have finally rode enough modern North American-style LRTs (LA, Baltimore, San Jose) for it to really hit home the difference between these and something like Transit City-style (whose closest relative in NA would be Muni Metro).

And I also calculated the total number of transit systems I have rode so far: 61 transit systems in 6 provinces, 8 states, 1 district, and 23 jurisdictions in Ontario. About half are bus-only operators, though, and one is a single-bus operator as well (Port Hope).

As for Metros:
Toronto
Montreal
Vancouver
(Ottawa)

New York (MTA, PATH)
Chicago
Atlanta
Los Angeles
San Francisco (Muni, BART)
Cleveland
Washington