News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

https://www.google.ca/maps/@43.7092...!3m2!1sFUDKSfFsPYx2Ud-moxHGjw!2e0?hl=en&hl=en

So this utility-house was demolished recently.

What is coming here? An emergency exit to the subway?

Snapped a photo of the site today

gihkgmP.jpg

I've noticed that site too. I'm sure it's related to the LRT. Eglinton is a real hassle to get through now in anything but the lightest traffic. Only 5 more years!

I think it could be an LRT electrical substation. The emergency exit building is a little east of here at Petman Avenue on the south side.

Moving into Midtown before the end of the month. Super stoked! I've been working here for a couple years now, it will be nice to walk to work instead of an hour on the TTC each way.

That and be so close to everything, relative to where I was.

That's awesome! Are you moving into a house or a building?

The area is indeed very walkable, although the construction everywhere atm sucks. Overall though I find this area of the city extremely livable in terms of walkability, urbanity and greenery, access to amenities, shopping and education. The idea that it is only going to get better with the Crosstown, Eglinton Connects (bike lanes!) and development has me stoked for the future!

+ 1, and you're so close to sooo many ravines and trails !

Does anyone know what happened to the Philthy McNasty on Eglinton?Or the Boston Pizza for that matter?

I'm going to wager construction is making it hard for those restaurants to turn a profit; Also I think the total # of office workers in the area has declined significantly; Not due to residential construction, rather some buildings have a lot of vacant space; The Thomas Cook building in particular that was probably 200-500 people who no longer work in the area (that building is sitting empty now). Some of the others have quite a bit of space.

There was a massive crane on Yonge Street today. Road was closed between Eglinton and Soudan/Berwick.

Not sure what it was for. Didn't seem to be related to 2221 Yonge. Thought it might be to replace an air conditioning unit from one of the Minto towers.

The neighbourhood got a new Tim Hortons! (Sort of)

The INS Market at 50 Eglinton E now has self serve Tim Hortons beverages.

When did they add the crosswalk and lights at Roehampton and Yonge?

That is something that must have been requested on and on again for at least 20 years.

Back