News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

From the 2022 Work Plan for City Planning:

1641405200891.png

Thanks! I am guessing that refers to land they will widen the park area with as the old mid-rise rentals beside it get infilled and/or redeveloped, I'd be surprised if it referred to lengthening the trail southwestwards.

No details on their exact locations yet, but Windmill and Leader Lane Developments will be working together with R-Hauz to build three cross-laminated timber residential buildings in the Mimico area near the GO station:

He and his partners, Windmill Developments and Leader Lane Developments, are planning to construct the three condo buildings in the city's west end near the Mimico GO Station, with 83 suites in all. The developers say they hope to start the presale of units in August and begin building by December.

Totalling 83 units, each building is located close to the other, and the Mimico GO train station anchors all three. They are being developed to Passive House standards and will target LEED Platinum certification. The project is being inspired by One Planet Living principles.

The companies have recruited Toronto-based R-Hauz as the design-build contractor for the development. R-Hauz has just completed a pre-fab pilot project, the first all-mass-timber six-storey residential building in Ontario on Toronto’s Queen Street East.

Krispy Kreme will be opening at the former Beer Store location at Lake Shore Blvd W & Mimico Ave:

2454-2458 LAKE SHORE BLVD W
Ward 3: Etobicoke-Lakeshore

Proposal for a takeout restaurant - Krispy Kreme Doughnuts

mim.JPG

This site has potential to be redeveloped into a flatiron shaped building:

mim2.JPG

Last edited:
This was my first time along the old commercial stretch of Mimico Avenue. Felt like I had just cycled into a small town. It's a cute strip that could use a nice coffee shop and bistro.

View attachment 475091View attachment 475092

Needs proper streetscaping in the worst way (particularly trees, but also pedestrian lights and nice sidewalks.)

While the road width is already narrow'ish (~7M) this section of street where the storefronts are is functioning as a one-way, but with parking permitted.

Even if you retain the parking you could probably spare 1M to add to the sidewalk; but I think I'd rather nix the parking just for that one block stretch, and widen the sidewalk by 2M on the primary side (east/north) on the opposing side I would just try to get the homeowners to take a free front yard tree from the City.

A 2M widening would allow trees and maybe even some small patios. I would do the same for the flanking blvd on Queens.

Last edited:
Krispy Kreme will be opening at the former Beer Store location at Lake Shore Blvd W & Mimico Ave:

2454-2458 LAKE SHORE BLVD W
Ward 3: Etobicoke-Lakeshore

Proposal for a takeout restaurant - Krispy Kreme Doughnuts

View attachment 474362

This site has potential to be redeveloped into a flatiron shaped building:

View attachment 474364
Interesting! Plus they will actually make them here too... not just the cafe style.

I was looking into this today after seeing the Krispy Kreme article on Retail Insider. It looks like this was approved in June 2023:

No indication of any building permits.

Back