39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
This project , I fully support. Please go ahead and replace this building. 26s is fine.
These 60's, 70's and 80,s style buildings look awful.

Maybe we can lure Chef Gordon Ramsay here after this is built ! It would be a great tourist draw !

Last edited:
it looks like a beautiful building is being proposed. It does however seem a bit regrettable to lose some of the history and exisiting fabric of the area - even if it is a rather non-descript building. And yes there is the potential to destroy the feeling of the neighbourhood by building too much highrise. So I guess I'm conflicted on this one... would love to see this building, maybe in a different location.

While the existing building adds nothing to Yorkville's vibrancy

Bull. Replacing office space with a luxury condo is going to reduce vibrancy. Half these units will be owned by people who aren't around most of the time. Meanwhile office spaces are generally very vibrant during business hours.

Bull. Replacing office space with a luxury condo is going to reduce vibrancy. Half these units will be owned by people who aren't around most of the time. Meanwhile office spaces are generally very vibrant during business hours.

I agree completely! It's beneficial for any neighborhood to have a mix of uses. Not to mention the environmental impact of demolishing a perfectly useful building to build a new one rather than filling in unused space (although admittedly Yorkville is pretty tightly paced these days).....

...Not to mention the environmental impact of demolishing a perfectly useful building to build a new one .....

And yet, how much do you want to bet this building will apply for and get LEED Gold? Oh, the flaws with LEED.

I completely agree with "Affordable'. Were I left to my own devices I would blow up 90% of that which was built in the 60s, 70s, 80s and even a few buildings from the early to mid 90s. BOOM! Down they go. ;)

Back