News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

K

kyann

Help! Looking to move to Toronto soon. I've never visited the area. I'm checking out Minto Roehampton (Yonge & Eglinton). Any thoughts? Good area? Safe? Not many photos available on their website (which makes me a little suspicious). Not so sure about surrounding area.

Any thoughts/comments are appreciated!

The building is a new one, although I have not been inside. Minto is a reputable company. As a newer building, the rental rates may be higher than in some of the older buildings in the same area.

The Yonge and Eglinton area is a good one. Lots of apartments, mainly rental but with some newer condominiums. Lots of restaurants and retailing in the area, and a subway station nearby. The neighborhood is sometimes referred to as "Young and Eligible" because of the number of single 20-somethings living in the apartments there.

I have lived at Yonge / Eg for the last couple of years. As has already been posted, there are great restaurants, pubs, a Dominion grocery store on the corner, bookstores, movie theatre... everything you could want/need is pretty much within walking distance, and it is very safe. It is also a very established area... but may be a bit bland for some tastes. Please let us know your impressions of the development once you've had a good look.

The blandness of midtown is ok though. It's safe, reliable, dependable, and clean.

I saw an apartment at Minto Roehampton, though I believe that as leases expire, the units are being sold as condos. The units are very small, however the perks you get in return are in suite laundry, gorgeous balconies, modern applicances, dishwashers, and some high end interior finishes such as granite counter tops. Exorbitant prices per square foot though - the rent was $1400 ($1500 with parking) for a 500 square foot shoe box. Overall nice building, and in the best neighbourhood the city has to offer.

Back