News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

My mom's deck 40x20' cost $30k and so I can see this being significant with any engineering needs/requirements, but yes, the forefathers are rollin'.

IMG_6686.jpeg
https://www.edmonton.ca/sites/default/files/public-files/District-Plan-Scona-2024.pdf?cb=1713470361

Looking forward to 80th Ave becoming a “Habitat Greenway.”

Good to hear, but I really don't get how this small of a space cannot be done in a single season... maybe start in April folks.

RFP process is just wrapping up May 10.

Last edited:
City procurement strikes again. Why not have RFP process wrapping up last month so they could already be mobilizing for construction season?

City procurement strikes again. Why not have RFP process wrapping up last month so they could already be mobilizing for construction season?

Because it makes absolute perfect sense, but the City of Edmonton doesn't work that way.

Out of all the places to spend money….why…

This is literally just an encampment zone and will be for years to come. No one wants to be here. And 2 blocks away is the brand new kinistinaw park that also no one uses and is regularly a site of violence, ODs, and crime.

There’s got to be hundreds of other parks with higher usage that would be a better spend.

Oh, and stationlands is creating a plaza too. There can’t be the demand and density for that, this, Churchill, the new library one, beaver hills, etc. Am I missing something?

26BBCB33-0FB9-4DA5-8F1D-31F409D90A2D.png

Out of all the places to spend money….why…

This is literally just an encampment zone and will be for years to come. No one wants to be here. And 2 blocks away is the brand new kinistinaw park that also no one uses and is regularly a site of violence, ODs, and crime.

There’s got to be hundreds of other parks with higher usage that would be a better spend.

Oh, and stationlands is creating a plaza too. There can’t be the demand and density for that, this, Churchill, the new library one, beaver hills, etc. Am I missing something?
Spending on money on public infrastructure only for the "right" type of people is not what the city should be doing. Chinatown needs investment desperately, both public and private, and withholding those resources to avoid dealing with public disorder is a bad strategy.

Mary Burlie park is is an important transition point between Chinatown and the terminus of the LRT MUP. A thoughtful redesign could greatly improve connectivity between the MUP and 97 St which is something we should want to do for multiple reasons. It's also a pretty small park so it's not like it's going to blow the budget.
As a user of this MUP, I appreciate that they're working on this park.

Back