News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Forgot where we're keeping our "street sweeping" rants these days. The first picture is literally over 40 years of sand/rock buildup on that stretch. I remember as a kid - must have had ADD or something, driving by and wondering "why doesn't the city sweep private land boulevards?" I've literally seen boulevard sweepers go "around" these sections only to pick up down the road a block or so and resume. Would it kill them to just run the sweeper up and down ALL boulevards? Whether city owned or not?

More info:

It is long over do, I had a trip up to Chipewyan Lake, Some members of that reserve were commuting to Ft Mac. This will cut that travel down by a few hours.
And from past travel Highway 88 took a few years to fully pave. I remember gravel from Red Earth Creek to Ft Vermillion.

I imagine another future highway project in Northern Alberta could be Highway 58 west to the B. C. boundary. This highway could possibly meet up with Fort Nelson.

Hell those would be great tourist routes as well.

I like how 88 became the main route coming out of Yellowknife.
Yup, much more direct than going south on Highway 35 and faster with better pavement and fewer communities to drive through.

That would be great for people in Rainbow Lake, as they're basically a dead end right now at the end of the highway.
Would have been a better idea 20 years ago when Ft. Nelson had almost 200 rigs drilling up along with all of the other O&G activity. But Ft.Nelson is a dead zone now and forever...lol

Would have been a better idea 20 years ago when Ft. Nelson had almost 200 rigs drilling up along with all of the other O&G activity. But Ft.Nelson is a dead zone now and forever...lol
Yup, was up there last September and it was the opposite of vibrant, but there are no other towns for hundreds of kilometers so it still had the essentials like Save On Foods.

Back