News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Anyone know what is currently being built on 17st just south of the meadows rec center?

This?

Major Development Permit
Reference Id:Job No 181585974-307
Description:To construct an additional 2 Multi-unit Housing buildings and 7 Dwellings to an existing Multi-unit Housing development (Site total will now be 149 Dwellings in 39 buildings).
Plan 1524946 Blk 8 Lot 82
1530C - TAMARACK BOULEVARD NW
Condo Common Area (Plan 1624071)
Applicant:STREETSIDE DEVELOPMENTS
Create Date:2021/04/22
Neighbourhood:TAMARACK
Issue Date:2021/06/15
Class Of Permit:Class B
Notification Start Date:2021/06/22
Notification End Date:2021/07/13

Based off of the address and a quick google map search unfortunately no.
This?

Major Development Permit
Reference Id:Job No 181585974-307
Description:To construct an additional 2 Multi-unit Housing buildings and 7 Dwellings to an existing Multi-unit Housing development (Site total will now be 149 Dwellings in 39 buildings).
Plan 1524946 Blk 8 Lot 82
1530C - TAMARACK BOULEVARD NW
Condo Common Area (Plan 1624071)
Applicant:STREETSIDE DEVELOPMENTS
Create Date:2021/04/22
Neighbourhood:TAMARACK
Issue Date:2021/06/15
Class Of Permit:Class B
Notification Start Date:2021/06/22
Notification End Date:2021/07/13
Based off of the address and a quick google map search unfortunately no.

The construction site is in the field directly south of the rec center. Since I asked the question I saw on the city projects map (it doesn't show a current project) but the map indicates land is designated for a school. Maybe either Edmonton Public or Seperate is building a new school?

Throwing a dart but would it be the new High school? Not sure if it’s the new Catholic or Public one. I notice that the new schools don’t make it on the map in a timely manner or any manner for that matter

The Royal Mayfair is getting a new clubhouse.

Screen Shot 2022-01-05 at 11.32.49 AM.png

The Orange Hub Phase II Rehabilitation Project

Executive Summary

● The existing parking structure of The Orange Hub must be demolished or permanently closed in Q1 2022 due to structural issues.
● An updated Parking Impact Assessment completed in 2021 found that the facility requires on-site parking to support its anticipated demand of over 200 spaces both pre-and post-LRT opening. The assessment is supported by tenant and community engagement.
● The Orange Hub Phase II Rehabilitation Project planned for a new, naturally ventilated, above-ground, three-level parking garage with 181 parking spaces for vehicles, bicycles and motorcycles, and an accessible elevator.
● Administration investigated alternative approaches to providing parking and the inclusion of housing or other development on site, including an underground parking structure and a surface parking lot. The alternatives are not recommended due to cost premium or lack of ability to mitigate the safety and accessibility concerns.
● Administration recommends that the project continues with the demolition and reconstruction of the parkade per the current design to support the current and future needs of the tenants, facility users, and the community

Alternative Approaches

I knew it was…..Catholic
Are you confirming that? I should probably know as we provided some stuff for that job but we just referred to it as SE Edm Highschool project, lol

The Orange Hub Phase II Rehabilitation Project

Executive Summary

● The existing parking structure of The Orange Hub must be demolished or permanently closed in Q1 2022 due to structural issues.
● An updated Parking Impact Assessment completed in 2021 found that the facility requires on-site parking to support its anticipated demand of over 200 spaces both pre-and post-LRT opening. The assessment is supported by tenant and community engagement.
● The Orange Hub Phase II Rehabilitation Project planned for a new, naturally ventilated, above-ground, three-level parking garage with 181 parking spaces for vehicles, bicycles and motorcycles, and an accessible elevator.
● Administration investigated alternative approaches to providing parking and the inclusion of housing or other development on site, including an underground parking structure and a surface parking lot. The alternatives are not recommended due to cost premium or lack of ability to mitigate the safety and accessibility concerns.
● Administration recommends that the project continues with the demolition and reconstruction of the parkade per the current design to support the current and future needs of the tenants, facility users, and the community

Alternative Approaches

Sad to see. I understand the logic to a degree. Just shows how far we are from our goals. Spending tens of millions to build a multi layer above ground parkade for an underused building next to a future LRT stop (literal doorstep). Perfect TOD spot. Sadly, half of stony is TOD potential rn so this plot isn't valued much.

Are you confirming that? I should probably know as we provided some stuff for that job but we just referred to it as SE Edm Highschool project, lol
AB Major Projects….92.3M HS……doesn’t say what religious denomination….gotta be Catholic as they have been clamouring for at least a decade to get this thing built

Back