News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Oh, thank goodness. It will be nice to see this filled again. It is a great space and it can work well for this. It is also a great way to be more visible and prominent in the community.

I think more of the organizations that interact with the community should take some of the currently abundant available street front space and not hunker down in nearby the towers.

Oh, thank goodness. It will be nice to see this filled again. It is a great space and it can work well for this. It is also a great way to be more visible and prominent in the community.

I think more of the organizations that interact with the community should take some of the currently abundant available street front space and not hunker down in nearby the towers.
*cough* DBA *cough*

Friend told me there is a 4 story apartment proposal around 150st and 91ave. Anyone hear about this?

I asked him if he had more details. He was telling me all about his traffic concerns ahha. Might have to send him some youtube videos

Last edited:
So, if I read the article correctly this is to replace an existing parkade. Where are good headline writers these days?
I live just south of here. Yeah, there's an existing parkade that has to be torn down for safety. So this is a replacement. Ideally, things would align where a lot 20ft from an LRT stop wouldn't be a parkade. But with the cards dealt, I get the decision.

The park and ride argument is fair too. Thats what I figured could have factored in too. Many other stops along this line are quite residential, so parking capacity is minimal.

Stony plain road has just struggled so much. It honestly might be the worst retail street in our city right now? Half of it is torn down or boarded up. The other half is pawn shops,cash money,xxx, liquor....then a few donair spots and like revolution cycle. Its a tough go. So residential development and walkability are badly needed. This seemed like a potential place it could be improved. Instead the parade detracts from both.

It's just an unfortunate combination of factors. And the orange hub usage seems pretty low for its actual size. Id be interested on the ROI for the city buying that building. Maybe they shouldn't have, idk.

Back