News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Poor triple 5, just barely scraping by can't even afford a few security guards. I hope this massive tax payer investment will help them make a go of this whole mall thing. Guess i shouldn't hold my breath for redevelopment of parking on site then either :(
I should've been more specific as to what she meant when they use the term. Their issue is not being able to financially afford it, but to take on the liability, especially considering that security guards can't really do much.

i understand, i was just goofing around :p Realistically yes, i don't blame them being concerned for shifting the burden of social issues onto a private company that is not fair to them to deal with. But its a heck of an inconvenience to everyone else using the system and now having a less than enjoyable experience getting to and from the mall. I am pretty confident it will bring a ton of new traffic to the mall and be a big boon to them.

anyway thanks for your insight !

i understand, i was just goofing around :p Realistically yes, i don't blame them being concerned for shifting the burden of social issues onto a private company that is not fair to them to deal with. But its a heck of an inconvenience to everyone else using the system and now having a less than enjoyable experience getting to and from the mall. I am pretty confident it will bring a ton of new traffic to the mall and be a big boon to them.

anyway thanks for your insight !
No problems. 😅

I don't meet her frequently (about once a month, at the Edmonton Centre EDA board meeting), but whenever I do, I try to get insider info from the mall.

At least they are planning a proper path, instead of people having to cross the parking lot as it was. According to her, the reason they didn't build one when the transit centre was renovated is because they knew it was gonna be torn apart for the LRT soon after.

If I ever get my hands (or eyes) on the path design, I'll share as much as I can.

^
Oakridge Centre new underground connections to the Canada Line station. (Henriquez Partners Architects/Westbank/QuadReal Property Group):
IMG_8819.jpeg

View attachment 524507

Wasn’t sure where to post this. (Picked Miscellaneous, Admins please move if need be!)

I’m not affiliated with this event or able to go, but thought it may be of interest to those on the forum!

If anyone makes it out please let us know how it is!

If you use discount code Metis (Salvador's ward) you receive 50% off the cost.

I was around Emerald Hills the other day and thought I'd highlight a oft forgotten node of density in the Edmonton Metro Area. There's a lot of new and big residential developments either under construction, newly built or proposed in this area as a part of the "Emerald Hills Urban Village", which is on par or very close to the Centre in the Park district when it comes to Sherwood Park density. It does lack the nice urbanist surroundings and mixed-use development however.

emeraldhills4.jpg
emeraldhills2.jpg
emeraldhills1.jpg
emeraldhills3.jpg

View attachment 524507

Wasn’t sure where to post this. (Picked Miscellaneous, Admins please move if need be!)

I’m not affiliated with this event or able to go, but thought it may be of interest to those on the forum!

If anyone makes it out please let us know how it is!
I'll be going to this! Is anyone else planning to go?

I was around Emerald Hills the other day and thought I'd highlight a oft forgotten node of density in the Edmonton Metro Area. There's a lot of new and big residential developments either under construction, newly built or proposed in this area as a part of the "Emerald Hills Urban Village", which is on par or very close to the Centre in the Park district when it comes to Sherwood Park density. It does lack the nice urbanist surroundings and mixed-use development however.

View attachment 524571View attachment 524572View attachment 524573View attachment 524574

I remember there being a really old thread for an "Emerald Hills Tower" or something like that, but I'm happy to see that this area is taking off now! Looks cool, and I like that both Sherwood Park and St. Albert are getting some larger projects now. Maybe we'll see them turn into large suburban centres once some rapid/high-capacity transit happens.

I would love to but unfortunately I have work on the 13th and 2 final exams on the 14th so I think it would be an unwise decision

Hey now I have those same two exams!

...And I think I make very wise decisions 😇

Good luck Platinum107 and erudyk_29 on your exams!

Please stay in Edmonton after you are finished university and help make our city better!

Thanks! 😁

Honestly we'll see where my career after uni takes me, but I do like it here and the moves we're making as a city are pretty cool if you ask me.

Back