News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Wonder what this is? (ATB Place North Tower)

Reference ID: Job No 326800645-002
Description: Exterior Alteration
Plan 882RS Lot 10A
Applicant: LEMAY + TOKER
Create Date: 7/31/2019 11:28:05 AM
Neighbourhood: DOWNTOWN

Wonder what this is? (ATB Place North Tower)

Reference ID: Job No 326800645-002
Description: Exterior Alteration
Plan 882RS Lot 10A
Applicant: LEMAY + TOKER
Create Date: 7/31/2019 11:28:05 AM
Neighbourhood: DOWNTOWN

This is listed as 'Rooftop Lighting in the Shape of a Heart', so most people will never see it, unless you have a north facing office in Telus Plaza South...

The Edmonton Prospects posted this on their twitter
Parking garage
Retail + shops
Micro brewery
Gondola station

Would love to see all of that take shape! Not sure how deep the Prospects' pockets are though, so some strategic partnerships would likely be required.

I'm not a fan of the idea of a permanent parking structure. I'd rather the surface lots be improved and retained in the short-term, and redeveloped over time.

The area isn't suffering from a lack of parking. The field and baseball in Edmonton aren't doing poorly because of a lack of parking. Adding more parking (and expensive parking at that) isn't the answer.

We have got to get over this addiction.

@Daveography
On Twitter they said they want to add more parking but at the same time have a less footprint. they plan to incorporate retail space into the parking garage building. I don't know why they need 700 parking spaces but if the City plans to build the Gondola this could be a nice "park and ride" station. Or it could be called a "Park and FLY" station

I happened to pass by this building yesterday and they were finally working on it. Unfortunately, all it looked to be was a simple paint job from what I could see.

Looks like a Mexican restaurant ('El Beso') is going in here. There will likely be a neat neon sign on the west facade facing the park. However, no major exterior alterations are planned (other than paint and potentially new windows).

Back