News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

In suburban Vegas, almost every development is 'gated'. There are sometimes a few houses outside the 'gates' (which are just 10' tall walls, minimal-to-no-security).
I had the, um, pleasure to stay in a couple of said communities over the years. It's NOT a pleasant experience. Very segregated, isolated, BORING!
..Oh Ya, and super ghetto now that many developments sit abandoned and half-built (Vegas was the fastest growing City in the U.S. prior to the 2008 Financial Meltdown, and it shows!)

I haven't been to Vegas for a few years; used to attend the odd conference there. In 2007 there was a complex of several condo towers - quite extensive - going up just south of the Bellagio; but it was already on hold. It would have added some residential close to the strip; if that sort of thing appeals.

I wanted to get up in the garden where the original photographer must have been standing but they have glassed in that section. If you look closely there is one man in the rush of women.

Ah, yes. the man.

And not a pair of pants to be seen anywhere on those ladies, and heels, and pantyhose I'm sure.

My mom used to tut tut when the lady who worked at the local hardware store walked down the street in trousers, altogether rather too confidently. :)

Ah, yes. the man.

And not a pair of pants to be seen anywhere on those ladies, and heels, and pantyhose I'm sure.

My mom used to tut tut when the lady who worked at the local hardware store walked down the street in trousers, altogether rather too confidently. :)

I blame Helen Reddy with her "I am women" song. Life has never been the same.

Then and Now for Nov 24.

Then. 'Residence of Dr. A. R. Gordon. 345 Bloor W.' c1909. A wwwebster sourced picture.

281BloorWHuronSEc1909.jpg

Now. June 2011. The former Rochdale College. Now the David A. Croll apartments.

282.jpg

Rochdale College had an interesting history; now all but forgotten except by those of a certain age.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rochdale_College

"What, you couldn't duplicate the 5:00pm secretarial pool stampede? I am disappointed."
QUOTE Mustapha

At the least we don't have to look at the 1963 Cadillac today.
(1964 was a far better year/model, although they did appear similar in design.)

Regards,
J T

Ahright JT; how was the 64 Caddy superior to the 63? :) Was the 64 'positrac' or something?

This church has always looked somewhat odd to me, like there was an accident and a portion of the steeple was lost, apparently not, it was built that way.

Love the thread Mustapha, have been following from the start but only recently joined the board.

Heya and Welcome, ToroTO. :)

282.jpg

Rochdale College had an interesting history; now all but forgotten except by those of a certain age.

So true. I used to know someone who used to live there for several years. That place was crazy. And the politics that ensured its fate as a residence were bad enough. Let's just say he's a colourful individual.

I'm wearing them now.

Must be cold then, over at your place. :)

Has anyone noticed how nylons over ones head has fallen out of favour as bank robbing costume? I wonder when this happened? And why? Conjecture invited and let's keep it family rated please. :)

Has anyone noticed how nylons over ones head has fallen out of favour as bank robbing costume? I wonder when this happened? And why? Conjecture invited and let's keep it family rated please. :)

Everybody was doing it. I think it was replaced with masks of Nixon. Also, the Japanese never let go of that one. It's on many game shows, from what I get.

Speaking as a member of the gender most normally associated with wearing nylons, I suspect it's because they've largely gone out of fashion. In the summer, women who wear skirts are often barelegged; the one exception being women in skirted business suits. In the winter, a lot of us prefer opaque tights (not so good for the bank robbing gig). There has actually been speculation as to whether Kate Middleton would help make sheer nylons fashionable again, especially for younger women. But many of us have cheered their demise for everyday wear, especially in warm weather--after all, they're very prone to runs and feel much like wearing plastic bags on your legs when it's hot.

Back