News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

844 Don Mills Rd. Celestica (IBM) - then & now.jpg

I had a couple of friends that worked there back in the day. Male dress code was dark blue suit and white shirt. Desktops had to be cleared of all work material at end of day and drawers locked; I think you got one warning.

My neighbor worked here for quite some time until they laid him off. I am going to miss that building and the ramp, it really made the area.

The ramp onto Eglinton is staying, that will be where Wynford Dr will come out. It is being extended through the new development.

Woman's Christian Temperance Union (WCTU) Headquarters Building and Willard Hall, Gerrard St. East, northN side, eastE of Yonge St. 1912 TPL
View attachment 320239

View attachment 320240
Wow. That thing really ballooned -- and not long after its original construction, from the look of it. Obviously a huge appetite for Christianity and temperance back then.

Another Then and Now of the southeast corner of Huron and College. 'Then' was 2015, 'Now' was about a week ago.

I should have taken the Then pic in colour and had the option to convert it to black and white...

The new building is a homage to the old one - the old one was demolished.

Screenshot_20210519-132309_Gallery.jpg

20210509_154523.jpg

Last edited:
Mustapha wrote:
"Hello, while not a Then and Now, I hope you enjoy this picture of Wallace Market on Symington Ave. I think the 'patina' is a delight for the eye. I hope they take down that fencing soon; I'll go re-shoot it."
The water tower (at right, background) is an odd reminder and good indicator of the community's long life.

147 Symington Ave..jpg

It is the same basic building--it acquired a neon "Travel Bureau" sign in the 1960s and got reclad later that decade, but the wraparound canopy remained basically intact until the most recent McDonald's renos "boxed it in"...

Back