News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

These two amazing Then & Now's are from an animated GIF (by Ian Harris) published in "Fife and Drum", Fort York's newsletter (Dec/2013).
They were introduced by this amusing headline: "Beware of Geeks Sharing GIFs."

TNFortYork_zps76701a80.jpg

Young(ish) man here: I remember being a child in the 80s and going to Blue Jays games with my dad. All those railways running west of Bathurst, wow, total nostalgia. Thank you, Goldie, great way to start my morning!

If you were a young train buff, the view from the Spadina bridge to the roundhouse on the east side and to the coach yard on the west side was a fantastic experience. The sight of all the CN and VIA locomotives parked at the ready and some of the ancient-looking cars sitting in the coach yard was like being in the middle of a giant train layout.

These two amazing Then & Now's are from an animated GIF (by Ian Harris) published in "Fife and Drum", Fort York's newsletter (Dec/2013).
They were introduced by this amusing headline: "Beware of Geeks Sharing GIFs."

In case anyone wants to read the Fife and Drum, here’s a link to that issue. Some of the back issue articles are great resources for understanding what life was like in early York.

Is it an entrance to High Park? - just a guess.

Auto dealer becomes drug store:

TNRiverdaleGarage755Danforth_zps4a8fe108.jpg

"Next Mystery Location:"
QUOTE: Thecharioteer.

1950's, East side Avenue Road opposite Dupont.

Regards,
J T

After my 1950 Might's search:

The Avenue Fish & Chips
245 Avenue Road.

JT: Correct! I should have known that the Might's would lead you there.

The site was of course cleared in the early 60's after the widening of Avenue Road and is now a parkette, the only survivor being the church (now the Hare Krishna temple) to the right.

Don Mills-Eglinton --------- once rural - suddenly, the geographic centre of Greater Toronto

TNaerialDonMills-Eglinton_zps350d7d91.jpg

Back