News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Good for Mississauga! If the Square One area is ever connected to downtown via regular GO Train service in both directions and operating on a schedule similar to the Lakeshore trains, the real transformation will begin.

Demand for transit to and from the GO station to all the condos there would propel the change.

This great!

But I had to comment ... all these posts seem to portraying the Mississauga of 2010/2009 (not sure about before personally) as a dead zone on Canada day (or the like!) It wasn't! See pictures here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/tee.andrew8/CanadaDay2010CelebrationAndFirework#5490828221091849346

I attended in 2009 my self and it was pretty packed as well. Also I always found they did a pretty good job with fireworks.

Compare to say NPS which doesn't typically even have fireworks. When NPS does though, it has a cool factor i.e. the way they launch fireworks from the two buildings and have some fireworks that stream down the sides ... probably pretty unique throughout the world. Other then that they're pretty short.

Ash bay bridges is just OK.

Speaking of fireworks ... Ontario place / waterfront were so packed it was insane yesterday, so much so I left early : ) - Ontario place can probably be explained by the free admittance. Not sure why the waterfront was so busy :) Though there was a festival going on at Harbourfront Center.

Anyone make the Ontario place fireworks ?

burlington waterfront fireworks were spectacular.... could also see niagara fireworks from there as well as im guessing Buffalo... they all lasted aroundhalf an hour

Up-coming events at the Square
20110704046.jpg

20110704045.jpg

20110704044.jpg

20110704041.jpg

burlington waterfront fireworks were spectacular.... could also see niagara fireworks from there as well as im guessing Buffalo... they all lasted aroundhalf an hour

Strange as it may seem, the cats in Buffalo don't celebrate Canada Day the way we do. And unless Buffalo moved recently to the shores of Lake Ontario from the shores of Lake Erie, then even if they did shoot off fireworks on Canada Day, you still wouldn't be able to see them. There is a city called St. Catharines on the shores of Lake Ontario however. Maybe they celebrate Canada Day!

lol... i should have been more clear.... "across" from buffalo (on the Canadian side)... not sure what city though... it was probably niagara and st. catherines but they seemed to far away to be st.catherines... lol my bad again

I was down there yesterday and they were setting up for Ribfest, which looks to be absolutely huge this year, plus the midway rides and games across the way in the Sq1 parking lot. I can't say I'm a huge fan of waiting in line for 45 minutes for a taste at a few different vendors, but there is a lot of other stuff going on and the central stage will be a focal point. I'll be down to check things out and geet a feel for the place, if nothing else, as there will be tons of people around.

Some of our LED products are actually lit now as well, which is what I've been waiting to see. There are new wayfinding signs around the property, lit with our linear LEDs and thin light sheets. Almost too bright at night, actually.

What I am most surprised about in Hume's video is that it does not venture up to the fountain, which kids seem to be totally thrilled by. It's the best addition of all at the Hall.

What I am most surprised about in Hume's video is that it does not venture up to the fountain, which kids seem to be totally thrilled by. It's the best addition of all at the Hall.

If the video was filmed two days ago the fountain would have been turned off and the reflecting pool drained because of the setting up of Ribfest.

Back