News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Ill never understand why these big box store couldnt simply be CONDOS with HUGE retail in the bottom that would fit them. It seems its a huge waste of air space and when we do get condos with retail often its a convienence store.

Agree with you 100%

There is a Lowe Store and retail complex going in at Mavis & Bristol on the south west corner

Yes, someone reported that in the "Lowes thread".. But that makes me more curious as to what else is coming in the Walmart plaza at Dixie/Dundas.

I somehow have trouble thinking that Mississauga would have three Costco's..

Ill never understand why these big box store couldnt simply be CONDOS with HUGE retail in the bottom that would fit them. It seems its a huge waste of air space and when we do get condos with retail often its a convienence store.

Big box store wants lots of parking spaces and lowest cost possible.

Yes, someone reported that in the "Lowes thread".. But that makes me more curious as to what else is coming in the Walmart plaza at Dixie/Dundas.

I somehow have trouble thinking that Mississauga would have three Costco's..

That would be me.

As for Costco, how many do you think would be appropriate?

That would be me.

As for Costco, how many do you think would be appropriate?

Well... I think two are pretty good. Especially since there is another Costco not far away from that location (near Sherway).

Having said that, there is another Walmart there too, but I would say Walmart easily gets twice the amount of traffic a Costco would get.

I noticed today at the southwest corner of Hurontario/Derry, leasing signs from SmartCentre. Don't know how long they've been up but it looks like another power centre is coming to Mississauga...

And in Sq1 news, the Sony Store is closing down after today. So it is looking like they are axing the church, Sony Store, BK and possibly Bowring for the food court expansion.

I noticed today at the southwest corner of Hurontario/Derry, leasing signs from SmartCentre. Don't know how long they've been up but it looks like another power centre is coming to Mississauga...

Actually that sign has been around for sometime now (a few years maybe?).. Not sure why they never built one there as I think it would serve both Mississauga and South Brampton quite well.

Actually that sign has been around for sometime now (a few years maybe?).. Not sure why they never built one there as I think it would serve both Mississauga and South Brampton quite well.

That sign has been there a long time.

And Wal-mart even submitted an application for that site too. But I don't know why it didn't go anywhere.

And in Sq1 news, the Sony Store is closing down after today. So it is looking like they are axing the church, Sony Store, BK and possibly Bowring for the food court expansion.

Sony will be back. No way they'll leave stores at Erin Mills and Heartland but not Square One.

Cheaper rent in Heartland and EMTC could make them keep those open. I imagine SQ1's lease rates are probably double the others..

True as that may be, that's not really a concern to a company like Sony. Or any of the other retailers at Square One. They're going to sell way more at Square One than at Heartland or especially Erin Mills.

Just saw an ad that says the McDonalds inside the Walmart is opening today (the 27th) at the Dixie/Dundas location. Does this mean the Walmart is open? I can't imagine them opening the McDonalds without the Walmart; but I did not see or hear anything about it opening up either.

Back