News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Surprising Popeye's would open one relatively close to the Central Parkway and Confederation location.

On another note, Smoke's Poutine is coming to Port Credit. Nothing on their web page but the Port credit BIA Facebook page has a photo and an address. It's across the road and just slightly west of the recently-opened Burger's Priest.

http://tinyurl.com/k9wu6sd

Surprising Popeye's would open one relatively close to the Central Parkway and Confederation location.

On another note, Smoke's Poutine is coming to Port Credit. Nothing on their web page but the Port credit BIA Facebook page has a photo and an address. It's across the road and just slightly west of the recently-opened Burger's Priest.

http://tinyurl.com/k9wu6sd
Central Parkway and Confederation? There was one at Fairview and Hurontario that closed a few years ago, but none where you say according to their website.

Unless it's closed in the past month, it's there in the space where the Polish credit union used to be located. I have parked in front of it a couple of times while visiting Lazar Bakery a couple of storefronts over.

Links from Yelp and Just Eat:

http://www.yelp.ca/biz/popeyes-louisiana-kitchen-mississauga

http://www.just-eat.ca/restaurants-popeyes-central-pkwy

A picture of it on the Yelp site. You can see the Vietnamese restaurant in the building right at the corner of Confederation and Central Parkway behind it.

Last edited:
Yeah, the one at Central Parkway and Confederation opened this summer.

And to add to the Popeyes "resurgence," the old Pizza Hut location at the SW corner of Dixie/Dundas will also be a new location.

Last edited:
You think they'd have the location on their website. They're losing customers by not having it there.

Subway is opening in the Iona plaza at Mississauga Valley and Central Parkway in the end unit where the photo/video/knickknack store is about to close. This plaza has seen surprisingly little change in the 12-13 years I've lived in Mississauga Valley. Besides the changing ownership/name of the current Metro, the only other changes in all that time are the addition of a coin laundry on the back end of the dry cleaner and the combining of the men's barber/women's salon into one shop so that they could open a nail salon in the other half of their unit.

Subway is opening in the Iona plaza at Mississauga Valley and Central Parkway in the end unit where the photo/video/knickknack store is about to close. This plaza has seen surprisingly little change in the 12-13 years I've lived in Mississauga Valley. Besides the changing ownership/name of the current Metro, the only other changes in all that time are the addition of a coin laundry on the back end of the dry cleaner and the combining of the men's barber/women's salon into one shop so that they could open a nail salon in the other half of their unit.

Was surprised to see that sign yesterday considering how long that store been there. In some ways I am surprised it lasted this long based on what it did.

If there was more room, more expansion would happen years ago. Very rare I shop at Metro considering it walking distance from me.

TD and the dental place went in years ago as well the expansion of Pizza Pizza. The wine store in Metro has extended their hours tell 11 pm now.

TD and the dental place went in years ago as well the expansion of Pizza Pizza.

The dentist has been there 20 years; they just had an anniversary open house last month. However they were much smaller then and expanded 15 years ago, taking away some parking in the back.

About time that plaza saw some change. The last thing I remember happening was the Pizza Pizza taking over the pub that used to be there.

The dentist has been there 20 years; they just had an anniversary open house last month. However they were much smaller then and expanded 15 years ago, taking away some parking in the back.
Same for the expansion of TD when they told over Canada Trust. Time frame on things like this fly over my head.

I am sure the owner of the plaza would like to expand it, but due to lack of parking under City standards they can't. Another area that the city needs to do is reduce the parking requirement for places like this.

I should note they are getting ready for the next phase of expanding the new plaza over on Dundas by Dixie and will have another road connecting to Dundas at the current lights where Harvey's is.

Has anyone else seen the plaza that is starting to take shape at the SE corner of Confederation and Eglinton? Any word on the retailers moving in once it's completed? Also, does anyone else think that, based on the number of units going in, parking might be at a premium in the plaza?

Has anyone else seen the plaza that is starting to take shape at the SE corner of Confederation and Eglinton? Any word on the retailers moving in once it's completed? Also, does anyone else think that, based on the number of units going in, parking might be at a premium in the plaza?
I remember seeing the plans years ago, but didn't keep the material. The plaza is years behind schedule.

They were fast putting up the overhead signs for Subway and were up a week or so before the store closed for Iona. I expect it will open in early Nov. Also, the medical place has been open about 3 years.

Back