8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

The Condo Observer

Member Bio
Reaction score
I was wondering what the agents/ realtors/ brokers and investors were thinking about the Mississauga scene. Prices seem pretty stable, contrary to what I previously imagined.

Personally , I am enthused by the conceptual new master plan, and I am beginning to think condos in Missy might be of (good long term investment) value.

Its not Toronto, but it is its own thing, and it could come together nicely with the proposed suburban retrofit.

Ha ha, perhaps not much to say other than platitudes.

I have watched the Miss. City Centre develop over a number of years now. It's not downtown Toronto, but nor is it one step from Outer Mongolia as some here would have you believe. It's increasingly liveable even for those without cars. In terms of the larger GTA market, it's an area that will, relatively at least, hold its value.

Regarding potential investment value, as with anywhere else, push the figures around and draw the conclusions. What are the carrying costs (mortgage, condo fees, etc.), and what is the expected rental income? The shortfall, if there is one, would have to be justified by your expectation of a longer term capital gain. That's obviously a bit of a guessing game, but we note that the market is once again beginning to move upward rather than downward.

The downside, IMO, is that there is a lot of potential new supply in the pipeline, in this location. Pinnacle, to name one, is proposing many new units at Hurontario and Eglinton. Amacon is planning several thousand, in the Parkside Village development just west of Square One.

Back