News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Whenever, name a date, and I will try to be there.

One question, tho. I brought up tandoori chicken. Okay, I realize that Tandoori is a method of cooking, not an actual dish. My question is:

What is the proper name for Tandoori chicken where the chicken is marinated in yogert and spices creating a very tender and spicy dish?

This is my fave!!!

Thanks for the address ganjivah.

Their is this place in Mississauga called Mr. Bombay that makes some amazing butter chicken. This other place on Gerrard as well...forget what it's called though.

How about a forum meet before the end of January?

- How about a weeknight, for dinner (perhaps a Thursday, 7ish)
- At an Indian restaurant
- Maybe the week after next (Thurs., 30 Jan)?

I start my Christopher Hume taught course at U of T that night. :( However, I'm sure we'll never find a night to appease everyone anyway.

JASON :)

hey, i like this!
my fav Indian restaurant... Kama. Across from Roy Thompson hall. they have an amazing buffet!

I tried Sir Taj tonight... pretty good, not exceptional... but I recommend it. The one thing that stuck out was their butter chicken... one of the best I've had.

Hmm, I'm surprised it didn't totally impress you. Hmm. Has anyone ever heard of/been to the 'Jackson Diner' in Jackson Heights, Queens?

Kama is alright...but expensive! $20 may not seem expensive for a buffet, but when you consider that (a)it probably isn't the best indian food in the city, and (b) east indian food is VERY filling, it's probably not worth it.

I did like Sir Taj... maybe my post sounded overly critical (a result of spending too much time at this forum). Hey, I've had some awesome Indian food in England, Montreal and Vancouver... my standards are high! Here's a quick comparison with Babur, another place I like;

Appetizers (pakora, samosas etc.): Babur wins (but pretty close)
Chicken Tikka: Babur wins
Butter Chicken: Sir Taj kicked some serious ass here!
Naan: hmmm, a tie
Gulab Jamun (dessert balls in syrup): Babur is a lot better

Now if I could combine Sir Taj's butter chicken with Babur, I'd be in heaven.

Funny, when I was at Babur (maybe a year ago) it didn't impress me at all. I'll have to retry it. Another inconsistency is one called 'Jodhpure Club' on Baldwin Street. The first two or three times I tried it, it was just amazing. Then, all of a sudden, it turned to crap. Now the other one on Baldwin (name?) is actually way improved, where once it was off the radar compared to Jodhpure.

Anyways, one key fact is the places on Baldwin are some of the only Indian in the city with outdoor patios. Not that such a concept means anything in -20 weather.

Kama has good and cheaper lunch Buffet!

Isn't there some really wicked Indian place on King Street somewhere, whose chef came from, of all places, Rexdale?

GB

Back