8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

New Map from ATRM noted above:

1689169997941.png

Full size, high-quality version, here:

When do we start showing the GO train lines on the map here?

At least in the Toronto Area, I dont think its necessary to show the whole length because they go much further than the EXO
This is the ARTM map (more equivalent to Metrolinx). Not the STM (equivalent of TTC).

The STM map has never shown the whole length of the EXO lines; and has shown them for about 40 years, which was when STM (called CTCUM back then) took over the Rigaud and Deux-Montagnes lines from CN.

Though these days the GO map doesn't show the subway lines.

The REM is not designed to operate in extreme wind situations over the Champlain Bridge. Last Thursday, it had to stop 'service' on the bridge for a few hours during the tornado warning. The line kept running between Panama and Brossard.

The article also mentions a cool thing where agents at stations have an instant reporting/searching system for lost and founds powered by iPads.

With train times at the entrance? I've only seen the ones that say there's no delays (or is delays), and the ones that show the bus times.
They have ones that show the status of the lines and also of there are other issues like an elevator being out of order. I don't really see why we need train wait times in the stations or even need to show more than what the next train arriving on a particular platform is.

They have ones that show the status of the lines and also of there are other issues like an elevator being out of order. I don't really see why we need train wait times in the stations or even need to show more than what the next train arriving on a particular platform is.
I don't know why they can't add the trains. Though service is so frequent here, it doesn't add too much. Though it would be useful at Union or maybe even King to see when the next train is coming. If you are heading to somewhere like Bay (or Line 2 if it's a big delay), you just want the next train; which isn't as easy now there's 2 platforms.

Back