News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Montreal in October-good pics!

KGT: Good Montreal pics! I feel that the Spring and Fall are arguably the nicest times to explore MTL. I like pic#3-the lumber rack rail car looks interesting with the RR tracks in the foreground-on the right bulkhead is one of my favorite rail car warnings-that those cars can tip over if they are improperly loaded or unloaded.
Pic#34 reminds me of Forest Hills,Queens(NYC Borough)
Pic#47 Where were those rowhouses pictured at right on a grade there? They remind me somewhat of Philadelphia-type rowhouses.
Pic#54-Those interesting apartment buildings-I noticed Hasidic Jews in the picture-is that a MTL Jewish neighborhood?
Pic#58-reminds me of Queens,NY again
Montreal has some building style all its own even in its rowhouse neighborhoods-like those spiral and long staircases. In closing-Montreal is a lively city full of interesting areas to explore. LI MIKE

#47 (map) is Waverly Street in Mile End. The houses at the right are typical duplexes and triplexes (one or two apartments per floor).

#54 (map) is indeed on the southern fringe of the Hasidic Jewish neighbourhood, which stretches north up Park Avenue and then west along Van Horne. Historically, from the 1920s until the 1950s, it was a mostly Eastern European Jewish neighbourhood. That community shifted west to Snowdon, Hampstead and Cote St. Luc in the late 1950s.

This picture really excites me. It must be the building. Yah, it must be. :p
2129304837_27698f1f57_o.jpg

Back