News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I was born in Wallaceburg but raised in North Bay. I used to go there every now and then to visit my grandparents, but since they passed away I don't have much reason to visit anymore. I still have lots of relatives in the area though, and the last time I was in town was a little over two years ago for a family reunion. As a kid whenever I was in Wallaceburg I always thought that the town seemed rather rough and had a much more American feel to it. One thing I did love was the great selection of TV stations! You could totally feel the looming presence of metro Detroit just over the horizon.

As someone that lived in wallaceburg for 18 years i feel this website has lost the merit of most of its articles because of how bias I can see that this is. Many cities and towns have an older parts and not to mention that there has been shrapnel from gm and other car companies because they have out sourced for cheaper labour. Unfortunately you have chosen to photograph 3 of over 100 streets and that's just poor integrity to support your claim. It's also frustrating because as what I assume is another of many articles you've written you know that viewers will look at your photos and your title and not often look at the small inception article at the bottom about how this town is actually doing fine. If you were what so ever versed in the town of wallaceburg you would quickly come to realize that it's many baby boomers and farmers that are actually doing well for them selves and are able to have homes they own in a place that can support their needs. You'll find that most of the residents in wallaceburg are not interested in foolish things because they have always lived and know comfortable and simple lives. How unfortunate that this writer has chosen to attack a place that it really has no reason for. I've lived in cities and there are 3 less than ideal streets as well. Your argument is invalid. Lovely story though I've definitely lost respect for urbantoronto.ca.

Back