News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

40M for 1,300ft2............ LOL

The definition of Chutzpah!
I like that it's exactly $40,000,001. I'm sure there's some kind of reason for that, but it's funny. Gotta get every dollar you can these days!

Old Honda building is on fire.

PXL_20221027_182229037.jpg

Last edited:
I hope they're able to save any part of it that was being retained.

Currently a 2-alarm fire; one of two such fires in/near downtown right now, the other being at Oak and River.
Upgraded to 3.
East side emergency is having a busy afternoon.
There's less smoke now. Still seeing fire trucks and paramedic coming. I think building wasn't empty.
Hope everyone is ok

There's been a lot of work on the exterior of the north building to scrape off the white paint on the north side, which looks to be going very slowly but steady.
I don't know what's happening on the south buildings, but there has never seemed to be many people working on this large site. Maybe ten or so each day. I expected they would be going in earnest by now here, but they are really taking their time.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...-50-million-playground-on-its-waterfront.html

One project that hasn’t got off the ground, according to two sources with knowledge of negotiations, but not authorized to discuss them publicly, was proposed by a member of the billionaire Thomson media empire family.

Travis Farncombe approached the city years ago about funding a community centre that could have been built in Moss Park, the sources said. However, amid what one source called an unfocused city response, the project stalled.

Back