News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9.1K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.3K     0 

Not sure if Sherbourne/Dundas fits here but ...

1718739608691.png

Last edited:
What is the deal with UHaul on Queen just west of Parliament? They're operating out of a trailer on a vacant lot (clearly a building was there but demolished many years ago). There are sometimes no trucks to be seen there, but then days like today for some reason about 30 trucks have arrived and they are parked all over the place, both on the street, in the lot for the Moss Park apartments, and some are even on private property by the old Berkeley Church and behind Kim's Convenience. I have been watching this operation run for the past year and basically they are using Queen Street, Berkeley Street, and the TCH parking lots to store all their rental trucks when not being used. How are you allowed to run a business like that?

What is the deal with UHaul on Queen just west of Parliament? They're operating out of a trailer on a vacant lot (clearly a building was there but demolished many years ago). There are sometimes no trucks to be seen there, but then days like today for some reason about 30 trucks have arrived and they are parked all over the place, both on the street, in the lot for the Moss Park apartments, and some are even on private property by the old Berkeley Church and behind Kim's Convenience. I have been watching this operation run for the past year and basically they are using Queen Street, Berkeley Street, and the TCH parking lots to store all their rental trucks when not being used. How are you allowed to run a business like that?
It’s the same issue in Cabbagetown where U-Haul has a location on Parliament but inadequate parking on site. Trucks are regularly parked on Parliament, Carlton, and residential side streets. Parking enforcement is aware of the issue as it’s not the intended use of street parking, but the problem persists.

It’s the same issue in Cabbagetown where U-Haul has a location on Parliament but inadequate parking on site. Trucks are regularly parked on Parliament, Carlton, and residential side streets. Parking enforcement is aware of the issue as it’s not the intended use of street parking, but the problem persists.
I wonder if since they all have Arizona plates that there's no functional way to enforce payment of the parking fines.

I wonder if since they all have Arizona plates that there's no functional way to enforce payment of the parking fines.
Don't think that's an issue. I got ticketed for illegal parking when loading a uhaul truck a couple of years ago. We had gone to the apartment to get stuff and by the time we got back to the truck there was a ticket.

Don't think that's an issue. I got ticketed for illegal parking when loading a uhaul truck a couple of years ago. We had gone to the apartment to get stuff and by the time we got back to the truck there was a ticket.
Right but by "enforce" I was thinking what can the City do if it's never paid. If we're talking about trucks that are not currently rented, but just stored on the street illegally and are ticketed, is there any realistic way for the City to ever get payment?
Does UHaul in Arizona care when the City of Toronto mails them a ticket for an unrented vehicle or they book a court date for non-payment?
Maybe the parking enforcement knows that there's nothing they can really do and so they stopped bothering to even try in these manufactured parking lot streets.

I know some border states have enforcement agreements with Ontario over parking tickets so they can be collected on a licence plate renewal, but I doubt Arizona does.

Last edited:

Back