40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Early days on this yet.....

But still I felt it merited its own thread.

On the agenda of next week's CreateTO Board meeting is the creation of a new post-secondary campus in Mount St. Dennis

The report discusses leveraging City-owned land in whole, or as part of an assembly for the creation of a new campus.

It does not name the College/University proponent, but there is a specific party at the table, and that name will likely be revealed following the subsequent Council Meeting.

A few sites are in play as potential candidates:

2700 Eglinton Avenue West – York Civic Centre
City-owned Lands at corner of Eglinton Avenue West and Photography Drive, west of Black Creek Drive and
Toronto Parking Authority (TPA) lot at 1169 Weston Road and Mount Dennis Community Hall at 4 Hollis Street (as part of a larger assembly)

It appears as though a decision won't come until Q3 2023.

City Press Release for this today. Confirmation than the college involved is George Brown.

From the above:

1651069503777.png

Other than the proponent, nothing new.

I wonder if this would replace Casa Loma campus. I believe there was talk of shutting that down.

Two buildings at Casa Loma campus have been sold off, and are the subject of development threads. Applications for both of those came in overnight.

and

Not sure about the status of the rest.

I will believe this only when I see it - it is being pushed by Frances Nunziata as her legacy but .....

Back