News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

half baked!

the scene where they break in to the drug lab i believe is somewhere in the financial district, and the part with the cop and the horse i believe is yonge/dundas area :)

A friend and I had a long-running disagreement about whether a scene from `The Last Detail' had been filmed in Toronto at Union Station. We were finally able to put it to rest when I found this:

http://www.theasc.com/magazine/feb04/sub/index.html

excerpt:

Chapman recalls a fight scene that occurs inside a train station men's room: "We used a railroad station in Toronto, and existing lighting in the men's room was the lighting in the film. I enhanced it a bit here and there so you could see the actors' faces, but that was it."

Shoot Em Up was so obviously filmed in Toronto, highly entertaining but mindless to say the least.

That's the first thing that came to my mind.

The Sam The Record Man sign shows up dozens of times in the final battle scene of The Incredible Hulk. No mater where the fight leads, it somehow magically keeps turning up in the background. A lot of it was shot at U of T as well.

Toronto City Hall doubled for Racoon City Hall in Resident Evil Apocalypse.

http://www.millaj.com/pics/resident2-screencap42.jpg

One of the most amusing, at least to me, was in Exit Wounds when a motorcade leaves the area around Roy Thomson Hall and then, mere seconds later, it's shown driving across Centre Street Bridge in Calgary.

It's at about the 2:30 mark here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0a_xJXs-l8

I don't like seeign Toronto in movies. I don't think Eternal Sunshine would be as good a movie if they had filmed in Toronto (as the studio wanted) instead of Long Island.

I like it when Toronto is the setting though. Best is probably Videodrome and Exotica. Also, Canadian Bacon. I can't remember any other with Toronto as the setting.

^That movie is a time warp. The Beer Store clerk wears one of those hideous cotton ties and when the flying dog takes highway 401 to Kitchener, the freeway only has 4 lanes with a grass median.

Resident Evil. New City Hall features prominently and in it Toronto's named Racoon City.

Just watched Repo Men. Totally features Toronto, albeit a much more futuristic one. It looks pretty awesome! The movie was just okay though.

Toronto was FEATURED in Goin' Down the Road (by Don Shebib - 1970).
I suppose most of you are too young to have seen its premier, although it's occasionally been shown on TV.
One of Canada's best films!

Toronto was FEATURED in Goin' Down the Road (by Don Shebib - 1970).
I suppose most of you are too young to have seen its premier, although it's occasionally been shown on TV.
One of Canada's best films!

An excellent movie, some scenes of Yonge Street in the 70's are pretty cool. This plays on CBC usually once or twice a year, it also got a theatrical re-issue with a brand new print back around 1997 or 1998 at the Cumberland and played several weeks.

I just tried to watch Kick-Ass. I stopped watching because it was so crappy. It was filmed in Toronto, but plays as New York City.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned "Chloe" directed by Atom Egoyan. It features Toronto as Toronto.

Back