News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

F

fk55

Hi. I am going to be moving to Toronto from Vancouver in a couple of months. I'll be looking for a place to live and I'd like to get a run down of the neighbourhoods in the city,the ambiance, character, price...etc If anyone can help me out I'd very much appreciate it. Thanks

Hi and welcome. I'm sure people will respond, but it would be better to give more info about what kind of lifestyle you want to have - ie., downtown, urban or suburban, etc., and what kind of accommodation you are looking for or can afford.

^ Agreed. I think there is a wealth of knowledge among people here, but your question is quite vague.

Best wishes!

to be more precise, im looking at downtown toronto, and the price range would be between 500-1000/month

Sounds like the student ghetto is right up your alley! LOL.

Just kidding, sort of. There's still plenty available downtown for that price, but don't expect anything larger than a 1 bedroom appartment in an older building. If you've got roommates, there are some amazing homes in that range in the Annex, on the edge of downtown, per room.

Well welcome. Straight up - it took me three years to get use to Toronto after moving from the west. I would not return now if paid.

Littly Italy is awesome. A big difference from the scene in Vancouver. Close to Downtown and a very lively night scene even if it has been a little "ginofied" over the past few years. North of Harbourd around Palmerston perhaps. Or a little more west, off of one of the best streets, Dovercourt.

Parkdale is still grand with enough nuts walking around still to keep the edge sharp. I love it. We bought a place close to Roncesvalles last year which is an old Polish part of town. Good restaurants. Good people and close to both the waterfront (which you will have to excuse us for. esp. compared to the sea wall) and close to High Park.

Toronto, if you have not been, is truly neighbourhoodly. Compared to Vancouver it is night and day. Each is unique.

If action is your thing try finding a place right on Queen above a store. Beautiful old buildings often kept in great shape.

Have fun!!

If action is your thing try finding a place right on Queen above a store. Beautiful old buildings often kept in great shape.
50 Stephanie Street usually has vacancies with 1bdrm units going for about $950. It's an older building but it's close to the Queen Street West action. Just north of Queen West & John streets.

Back