News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

This stuff is going up quick. Heritage looking windows on the Major building side are looking good as well (didn’t have a chance to take a pic)
View attachment 557502
Here you go!

IMG_4892 (1).jpg
IMG_4891.jpg

Wowza...gray precast city. I'll reserve judgement on the outcome until further on, but this is a MAJOR bait & switch regardless. Reminds me of Riverain in Vanier.
Wouldn’t take it that far. The new siding is half decent. I think this building will end up being alright. But again, I expect higher quality in the byward.

Wouldn’t take it that far. The new siding is half decent. I think this building will end up being alright. But again, I expect higher quality in the byward.
I feel like we've always expected higher quality in the Market, but never actually got that. I can't think of a single post WWII building with decent architecture outside of maybe a few NCC (but not all) projects and possibly some Embassies that don't go with the character of the area and National Gallery.

Not sure I would call it bait and switch, it looks pretty much like what was promised in the renders. At least there seems to be a lot of windows and they seem decent quality with the black framing.

Not sure I would call it bait and switch, it looks pretty much like what was promised in the renders. At least there seems to be a lot of windows and they seem decent quality with the black framing.
It's similar, but with lower grade materials, sort of like the AC podium (though the tower's glass is way off what was rendered).

This one should be pretty close to topping out. Maybe one floor or two.

I really like the form of this one with the various step-downs. We don't have many of those in Ottawa.

That is quite a large, clunky building. It will be interesting to see the final product. Certainly will be different from anything else in the Eastern Block.

IMG_1377.jpeg
IMG_1378.jpeg

Real brick going in on the east side of Major.

I gotta say the grey precast is growing on me. The contrast with the black window frames looks great and it has more of stone feel than concrete due to the finish and block like subdivisions. It’s miles ahead of other examples of precast in the city, such as the new vanier tower.

Back