We can send men to the moon but we can't figure out a better way to deal with HVAC units? This plus the cheap plastic floors puts Lanterra into my shoddy/lazy category of builder.
They really could have gone with white. Some of the things some builders do make me shake my head sometimes. I guess you can paint it anyways.

For a penthouse unit, those are some seriously cheap ass appliances.

Where are the blinds? Are they not standard with unit? Hope so because that "bed sheet over the window" thing looks real crap. I think architects often forget about the blinds. Unless they are uniform throughout the building, you get this incredibly messy look from the outside. People have verticle blinds, horizontal, aluminum foil, drapes, bed sheets, you name it. And when you have clear class, you see it all. Look at Matrix at Cityplace. It's grosse.

But I'm so thankful Bay st. didn't get another colonnade! Thank you.

For a penthouse unit, those are some seriously cheap ass appliances.

Where are the blinds? Are they not standard with unit? Hope so because that "bed sheet over the window" thing looks real crap. I think architects often forget about the blinds. Unless they are uniform throughout the building, you get this incredibly messy look from the outside. People have verticle blinds, horizontal, aluminum foil, drapes, bed sheets, you name it. And when you have clear class, you see it all. Look at Matrix at Cityplace. It's grosse.

But I'm so thankful Bay st. didn't get another colonnade! Thank you.
I really don't think they did anything special with the penthouses besides give them terraces. The floorplans are the same as on the other floors.

Think of it as a regular unit that just happens to be on the top floor....lol

those are pretty low cost finishes for a PENTHOUSE unit !!??!!

cheap looking laminate flooring, 3/4" granite countertops, North American brand big box appliances, missing handle on upper cabinet above microvent, etc ...

Ya but if I was buying a penthouse suite, I'd be getting the basic finishings just to redo it all myself with my own contractor. Sometimes the builder doesn't give you want you want. 5 years someone will flip this. It's all relative to cost. I'm sure this is what the purchaser of this unit has decided.

People who bought on day 1 and are selling now are making a ridiculous amount of money...easily 100K+. I guess that's why most people didn't opt for the upgrades. What's the point?

People who bought on day 1 and are selling now are making a ridiculous amount of money...easily 100K+. I guess that's why most people didn't opt for the upgrades. What's the point?

I really question if people are willing to pay over $600 psf for it? They might as well buy U condo with better finishing.

I really question if people are willing to pay over $600 psf for it? They might as well buy U condo with better finishing.
As someone said earlier, some people would rather take the basic finishes and renovate the place themselves. You renovate a unit at Murano and the crappy floors and other finishes are a non issue. U won't even be ready for another what...3 years? Murano's ready now. I agree that $600 PSF is ridiculous, especially at Murano but Torontonians don't seem to mind overpaying for small boxes.

I don't understand the constant comments in multiple threads about "overpaying" - Toronto is cheaper then many other global cities and I'm quite familiar with the budgeting of many of these large condo structures - they are very expensive to build, the land in prime locations is expensive and the regulatory and taxation framework for housing in this province contributes significantly to the prices that are on the market today. Additionally there are several major new legislative and regulatory initiatives in the pipeline that will increase costs as well as new taxes that kick in next July and DC increases on the horizon that will further contribute to rising prices. Furthermore as the general economic picture improves commodity price will start to rise again which will push up material and construction costs again (hard construction costs have come down slightly over the past 12 months)

Get used to the fact that Toronto, especially downtown will have expensive units ($psf) - the only affordable way to market these units to the middle class is to construct small units.

Last edited:
but vancouver is truly ã spec market; plus don't their buildingß have to be bu lt to ear hquake standards ?

The main issue in Vancouver is land supply (there is next to none being squeezed between the Mountains and Ocean)... The GTA experienced significant jumps in land prices once the greenbelt was introduced a couple of years ago.

Why do people think Murano and U Condos are overpriced? 600sf for being right beside Queen's Park and directly in the heart of downtown just south of Yorkville, I'd be thinking buy at those prices because in 5-10 years they will be extremely unaffordable.

Back