News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I looked at the renderings on Joe Clark's Flickr page, and he noted that the fonts on the walls will be in the TTC font, even the large letters.

The most recent (October '07) renderings of the Museum station transformation:

picture1mk2.png

I'm relieved to see these. The previous renderings showed no improvement to the ceilings. In fact, the false ceilings were shown to be removed and the existing lights simply hanging.
These knew metal grid false ceilings and the lights really improve the overall look of the station. The rounded form also make the station feel less cramped and more airy.

It appears that the floors are redone also.

Nonetheless, it looks like lots of work still needs to be done though, looking at the photos taken by Drum.

At the rate this project is moving, it will not be ready until late Jan or early Feb. They are not 50% completed from what I saw.

There is still a lot of work for the floor as well the base of the columns.

Glad to see a better looking ceiling, otherwise just paint it and put new lights in. The old style was too low and dull.

If there is new lighting going alone the wall as shown, it will brighten the station up.

Not sure if that gray area is flat or is slanted at the top of the wall.

Will take another look on Tuesday.

I hope they add another video screen as one per station is far from the 3-4 that should be there in the first place.

well that rendering is just a *bit* too generous with the overhead signage... I think I count five signs saying the same thing leading to the escalator? overkill?

To be accurate, the Greek Doric columns shouldn't have bases, let alone a shared one. And their capitals should be topped with square abacuses where they meet the entablature.

US: It's faux, a station full of pippy-poos and doo-dads. I wouldn't get too hung up on the execution of said faux.

Well you'd expect Jack Diamond, or whoever is doing this thing, to get it right - especially as it's intended to reflect our leading museum.

I got off at Museum on my way downtown today and got a better look at the font. It looks like the traditional TTC font! It also looks like more panels have gone up. At the pace they are working at, I see no reason why this cant be done by January.

I got off at Museum on my way downtown today and got a better look at the font. It looks like the traditional TTC font! It also looks like more panels have gone up. At the pace they are working at, I see no reason why this cant be done by January.

Keep in mind they still need to mount the figures on the columns, install the roofs and bit by bit, replace the floors. Still lots of work to be done, but good to see continuous progress.

What's missing from the rendering is station furniture. Hopefully the cheap benches found at other subway stations will not make an appearance at this station.
Given that what is often missing from most of the existing stations is furniture, then that fits well!

Having spent a lot more time until recently using other subway systems, I'm always scratching my head in the TTC subways wondering why there are no benchs ...

In addition to the simple benches, there are those pairs of slatted seats with armrests that get vandalized. It would be nice if the TTC decided which to go with.

Christmas is only 20 days away when construction shuts down for 2 weeks. Late Jan or early Feb for completion with Feb the front runner.

Look at the stations floor as they have to be fix first and that no one night job.

There is still work to be done on the columns. Only 6 columns ready for the new fixtures. Then you got lights and ceiling to be added.

The first 2 haft's of the new pilers are on site.

Not impress with the new wall. Same TTC font as per the existing wall.

2088532896_bf09223af1_b.jpg

2088532712_2f3636b677_b.jpg

Given that what is often missing from most of the existing stations is furniture, then that fits well!

Having spent a lot more time until recently using other subway systems, I'm always scratching my head in the TTC subways wondering why there are no benchs ...

To the TTC's credit, you really don't need to sit down because more often than not, the wait for a subway is under 3 minutes.

Back