News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Here's a future shot from a great night shot posted in the top 10 thread over at SSP.

Someone asked for a shot with 300 Front Street to see how it will fit in behind Rogers Centre. Well, that's about all you'll get from the island. I made it bright to reflect the ridiculous roof lighting reflecting from the dome.

Also in the shot:Completed Ritz, Shangri-la, ICE I and ICE II, Trump, a little sliver of L Tower and Success II.

4718962876_e9dcd74c6b_b.jpg

(Original courtesy malechite on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/malechite/ )

[Note 1: Night shots are very difficult! Besides all the towers I had to draw, I also had to draw in all the lighted windows for Ritz, RBC Centre, Maple Leaf Square, and Success I and II. Plus add all their reflections in the water! YIKES!!!!]

Original and render for comparison:

Attachments

• 4690293534_d2c7eddf0b_b.jpg
    4690293534_d2c7eddf0b_b.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 380
  • Night Skyline 001 B peg.JPG
    Night Skyline 001 B peg.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 397
wow. nice work Traynor....so it looks as 300 Front is situated on an east west alignment, the narrow ends facing the lake?? Thought (incorrectly) that the wide side was facing the lake, I guess i assumed because lake views etc..Still a nice addition and more density, has there been any activity on the 300 site?? Ice is gonna really change the scale of the entire neighborhood. Thirty story condos will look rather insignificant once Ice rears its shiny head!!! Great work man, you are very good at that . Looks almost real, cant wait ! Steveve you get to watch the city grow so much as a kid!!! You can tell story's some day, back when iI was young in 2010!!!

Thanks for the continuing glimpses into the future, Traynor.

Love the funky addition ICE I and II make to the skyline with those novel roof elements. Hope the built forms will be just as obvious. It would also be nice if they lit them up with a nice light blue (I'd suggest another colour. but what else would it logically be for a project called ICE?).

amazing!!!!!
just wondering, do you have a version with a full-on night sky instead of a sunset one?

I often ride the streetcar down Broadview past Riverdale Park, and I am intrigued by how much this view of the city will be changing over the next few years with Aura, One Bloor, and the like. Is anyone interested in tackling a render from this perspective of downtown?

What really comes through from the east view is how tall the new projects are compared to most existing buildings outside the core. Y&B especially will look fantastic in 5 years.

I think the most noticeable future building looking from Riverdale will be Aura -- it will be like a huge monument in that other wise relatively low-rise stretch between the Y&B and financial district clusters.

Attachments

• Trump from King and Bay Original.jpg
    Trump from King and Bay Original.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 363
  • Trump from King and Bay 008 J.jpg
    Trump from King and Bay 008 J.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 350
We could tell most visitors that Trump was built during the '80s boom and I bet no one would question otherwise. It definitely wins the award for most dated looking new building, although we don't have many pointy-roofed PoMo buildings, so why not eh? Atlanta must be jealous of this one.

We could tell most visitors that Trump was built during the '80s boom and I bet no one would question otherwise. It definitely wins the award for most dated looking new building, although we don't have many pointy-roofed PoMo buildings, so why not eh?

I think I made the exact same comment in the Trump thread.

Trump is very good at promoting his buildings and forcing you to read between the lines. This building took so many shortcuts. Ten floors were chopped off. Several "floors" of above ground parking were covered up to look like residences. The granite severely resembles concrete. Trump Tower won't be a failure, but like many projects in Toronto, embodies wasted potential.

Back