News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

First time poster long time lurker. Very happy with the new MUP up 115th St. My only gripe is they should have put the street on a road diet (instantly will slow down cars) and use some of that space for the MUP instead of paving all grass area.
Welcome to the forum! Thanks for sharing 🙂

Do MUPs on a sidewalk like this one receive clearing by the city, or are they the responsibility of the adjacent landowner like a sidewalk?

Do MUPs on a sidewalk like this one receive clearing by the city, or are they the responsibility of the adjacent landowner like a sidewalk?
That's actually something I hadn't considered. I really hope it is the former, for accessibility's sake. Does anyone know how the one through Belgravia on 76 Ave is done?

The city is supposed to do then I believe. That’s at least the setup at 102ave in glenora. I wish people would be willing to clear them though in the mornings if they’re already shoveling their walkway. So many people walk these routes before the city gets to them. Then the snow is packed down and not cleared fully.

Screen Shot 2022-11-04 at 11.36.40 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-11-04 at 11.36.52 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-11-04 at 11.37.00 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-11-04 at 11.37.51 AM.png

So simple and would make such a difference. Potential boulevards for trees too. When Royal Gardens was redone a few short years ago, our only change was a crosswalk bulb from the Community League to Secord School. All the meetings before we were never given the option of this poster. Sigh.
IMG_0319.jpeg

^ When was the Royal Gardens renewal done? I'm with you, that should have been a core focus in the residential neighbourhood renewal program ages ago.

When my parent's neighbourhood was done around five years ago, there wasn't a sidewalk on either side of the street, so the City added one in via taking space from the road. Suddenly, the longstanding problem of people driving way too fast down their street was gone.

Meanwhile, the street one block over had the same issues with people speeding through, but they already had a sidewalk so during renewals the City never reduced the road width. They are still having speeding issues to date. Go figure.

Oliver's project page was posted today, and construction is anticipated to begin in 2026

I agree, although I'm a bit concerned as to how this will gel with the Valley Line West LRT construction and possible Jasper Ave renovations.

I agree, although I'm a bit concerned as to how this will gel with the Valley Line West LRT construction and possible Jasper Ave renovations.
You're not convinced Jasper Ave renos are happening in 2025 as previously stated by the City and included in the 2023-26 budget?

Back