News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Hopefully when you walk by them they want kill your ears with that loud steaming/hissing sound they make when parked at a station.

Remember all that controversy over Ford Pinto's being rearended? Imagine rearending a Nucleon
MUSHROOM%20CLOUD.jpg

Stephane Dion was touting "clean coal" recently as an energy solution. How about using this over-hyped energy source for the new GO locomotives? We'd get tourism from the train fan/foamer community for sure.

Please no nuclear-powered locos. With the cabbageheads at GO, we're sure to get Homer Simpson running a train as GO gets its own crews.

I've always liked trains, and with the national shortage of long-haul truck drivers, high cost of fuel and polution, why not reinvest in our national rail networks for transporting goods. Of course industry would have to drop its dependence on Just in Time inventory management (which is another way of saying that instead of my inventory being in my warehouse at my cost, it's now on the road in multiple trucks at your cost).

How quieter will these loco's be?

I live a stone's throw away from the Lakeshore line near the Long Branch GO Station.

This is the exact model we're getting. Picture the wagons in GO colours as well.

The only difference is that the loco in the shot below is 3600 hp while ours will be 4000 hp.

800px-RailRunner.jpg

Everyone: I am a veteran of two years of posts on RAILROAD.NET. I do find the new GO MP40 locos interesting. How many do they plan to acquire and do they plan to replace the F59s? Does GO have any older locomotives left before the F59s? LI Mike

SP: I remember the former GO F40s well-Amtrak 410-415 and the GP40TCs-192 to 199 were Amtrak's #s I recall. They got their moneysworth from those. I would like to know where those specific F40
s are today. Those GP40TCs are still bouncing around in Amtrak service-or lease or lease duty. LI MIKE

Back