News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Skyrider was outdated and uncomfortable (especially the bicycle seats). Sure they have worse coasters, but that plot of land by the lake was a great choice for a new headlining attraction.

I mean it could have easily been "updated." Uncomfortable? That's debatable, as that ride had many fans.

Uncomfortable as far as a bike seat treating your genitals like a vice grip as well as the awkward vest restraints pinning you into the seat while you were already restricted by a seat belt... not to mention waiting in line to just go on a ride where you stand for another two minutes...
I don't know your height or body type but I've heard a lot of comments towards it being uncomfortable from many different people.

I found it uncomfortable as well. When I was a teen, the upper body restraints would get tighter as the ride progressed until I felt I couldn't breathe. The seat didn't feel good either.

I'm more surprised that Dragon Fyre hasn't been replaced yet. Now that is a dated, boring coaster.

I feel as though getting rid of Flight Deck and Time Warp would be higher on the list than Dragon Fyre. Yes it Is a little rough, but it makes for a great intermediate coaster for kids who get bored of Thunder Run/The Fly yet still find Behemoth and Leviathan too intense.

I'd be curious to see what they replace it with when the time comes though since Leviathan takes up a fair amount of land over there.

Yeah I prefer Wild Beast to stay as is as well.... if Minebuster happens to get RMCd though, I would welcome it happily.

I would not mind the removal of Dragon Fire if Mighty Canadian Minebuster got the Steel Vengeance treatment.

Wonderland doesn't have many roller coasters with inversions, despite Wonderland having the third most roller coasters in any theme park in the world.

The key for SkyRider was to have your knees bent a bit so you were seated lower when staff adjusted the seat height. Once the ride starts going, you stand up fully and the seat is not a problem. Flight Deck was more uncomfortable with my head constantly banging the cushions.

The two wooden coasters are classics and should not be touched.
Ghoster Coaster would like a word as well.

To be fair, it's a junior woodie (and that definitely must not be touched).

Roller coaster enthusiasts must begin somewhere.

In other news, many roller coasters in Cedar Point now prohibit loose objects such as phones and even eyeglasses.

All-day lockers are installed for that very purpose.

Wonderland is going to do the same as well.

Back