News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9.3K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.3K     0 

In nearly every country where liberal democracy has failed, I can guarantee that people end up wanting a singular messianic figure to demolish the system, no matter the cost.

In nearly every country where liberal democracy has failed, I can guarantee that people end up wanting a singular messianic figure to demolish the system, no matter the cost.

In other news, half of Italians want a leader who can make their trains run on time.

In other news, half of Italians want a leader who can make their trains run on time.

I've only been to Italy twice, but damn will I never forget my overnight train to Vienna fiasco.

Get to the station in Rome and there's no train. We had to wait around for two hours and then were told to get our asses quicktime to Firenze to catch our overnighter only to have to wait another two hours there for the train to show up/be ready/universe knows what. Wtf is that?. I'll give them one thing though, the bullet train to Firenze was so nice that I accidentally sat in 2. class though we had 1. class tickets (a train pass for ten days travel in three countries, 1. class....it was only 460 Euros..why would you not buy it?).
The overnighter was alright. Had a private room with a bunkbed, closet, table and chairs, breakfast included, and a sink to wash up. There was a shower stall on our car as well.

Slovakia: 7 die in gas explosion, dozens injured

An apartment block is in danger of collapsing after a lunchtime gas explosion. Slovak premier Peter Pellegrini is heading to the scene of the accident.

Belarus: Protesters rally against closer Russia ties as Putin and Lukashenko in Sochi

Belorussians have been demonstrating against warmer relations with Moscow. The presidents of the respective nations have met in Sochi over economic agreements as Belarus eyes closer integration.

Finland to get youngest prime minister in its history

Sanna Marin, 34, was selected by her Social Democratic Party on Sunday to take on the job

Thomson Reuters · Posted: Dec 08, 2019 5:17 PM ET

Finland's transportation minister Sanna Marin was selected by her Social Democratic party on Sunday to become the country's youngest prime minister ever, taking over after the resignation of Antti Rinne.

The 34-year-old Marin, whose party is the largest in a five-member governing coalition, will be the world's youngest serving prime minister when she takes office in the coming days.

Finland to get youngest prime minister in its history

Sanna Marin, 34, was selected by her Social Democratic Party on Sunday to take on the job

Thomson Reuters · Posted: Dec 08, 2019 5:17 PM ET

Finland's transportation minister Sanna Marin was selected by her Social Democratic party on Sunday to become the country's youngest prime minister ever, taking over after the resignation of Antti Rinne.

The 34-year-old Marin, whose party is the largest in a five-member governing coalition, will be the world's youngest serving prime minister when she takes office in the coming days.

Whoah, that's my age....and what have I ever achieved? ?

Damn, that's like a plane going down....with similar effects for the economy once it hits the ground

Married for 16 years (together for 21) with three kids. I suppose that is something.

31 here.

At least I have employment. However, I have no interest in romantic relations. Neither are topics for this thread.

The former Chancellor of Austria is only 33 and took office when he was 31. I probably don't agree with his political positions, but to be elected at that age is impressive.

Back