News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

They've stated in their news releases that they don't plan to shut any stores during reorganization, though I'm not sure how much sense it is to have two stores in malls like Sherway and Yorkdale.
what do you mean? how does your statement have anything to do with new stores being added on im kind of confused on what your trying to say?

what do you mean? how does your statement have anything to do with new stores being added on im kind of confused on what your trying to say?
You speculated that the Jacob stores in the mall would be closing. He said they actually reported that they won't close any stores.

Is there an article about that??? Where would they put all these stores then if there not going to close them and there not expanding the mall itself???

Is there an article about that??? Where would they put all these stores then if there not going to close them and there not expanding the mall itself???

Jacob is under bankruptcy protection, and are "reorganizing". During Jacob's corporate/financial reorganization, they don't plan on closing any stores.

The new stores in Sherway would likely come from the closing of other stores, possibly including the temporary stores like Laura Coats and the calendar/games store. There are also one or two "vacant" stores within the mall.

Jacob is under bankruptcy protection, and are "reorganizing". During Jacob's corporate/financial reorganization, they don't plan on closing any stores.

The new stores in Sherway would likely come from the closing of other stores, possibly including the temporary stores like Laura Coats and the calendar/games store. There are also one or two "vacant" stores within the mall.

Jacob may have already been in the process of consolidating their Sherway stores. Besides, closing one out of two stores in a mall probably wouldn't count as "closing" a store since they'd be combining two stores at Sherway.

But who knows. Maybe they don't plan on closing a Sherway store.

EDIT

I was looking a bit more into 20 VIC. They do own some smaller regional malls, of which a few have H&Ms in them:

TD Square/Calgary Eaton Centre (561,084 sq ft) last renovated 2010
Lougheed Town Centre (657,146 sq ft) last renovated early 2000s
Pickering Town Centre (894,640 sq ft) last renovated 2009
Lansdowne Place (436,267 sq ft) last renovated 2009
Pen Centre (1,036,696 sq ft) last renovated 2004/2005
Erin Mills (799,000 sq ft) last renovated, um, never

So I sure hope 20 VIC invests in Erin Mills by renovating it, since Cadillac Fairview was too lazy to bother renovating (I don't count the replacement of the movie theatre and mini golf as "renovation" since the look of the mall didn't really change at all. It was built in 1990 so it's due for a renovation. Unless some of the Eaton Centre purists think Erin Mills should remain true to it's late 80s sensibilities.

Last edited:
Keep the clock and put back the giant video screens! i used to watch the leaf games while my family shopped.

I don't know if it's that easy. The area has always been wealthy, but those wealthy people are just going to drive to Yorkdale or Sherway instead.

Only because those two malls are "high class".. Bring in a Banana Republic and a Holt Renfrew - along with a nice reno and I think that's all it takes.

It's still *of* the 80s. In fact, the ultimate emblem of GTA hub-mall gravitas of the pre-bling, pre-ethnoburban era...

eatons-7.jpg

200px-Simpson%27s_Logo.svg.png

...are those two logos. Which, well into the 80s, seemed as eternal and unsinkable as Canada's big 5 banks.

Can't recall whether Erin Mills had them both; but it might as well have...

Eaton's yes, Simpson's, no. I don't recall ever seeing a Simpson's in Mississauga, although I remember commercials for "Simpon's and the Bay Days" on TV.

Eaton's was where Zellers is currently located at both Erin Mills and Square One.

Ya know Adma, by your logic (that 'colored people' have ruined the GTA malls), Bramalea City Centre should be long dead.. Instead it's thriving and expanding..

While Sheridan Centre on the other hand (in an area with more "not colored" people) is instead on life support.

Care to explain why that may be?

Tec

Does anybody know what's planned for the Pottery Barn space on the lower level of the Eaton Centre? There are signs that say the store will be closing...

i wonder why its closes and I wonder if my guess of a j crew going into that spot is right, if its not j crew what else could it be? Pink maybe or even gilly hicks?

Back