News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

The issue importance has come full circle, with the TTC now being the most important issue and Rob Ford's rant on city spending in 2nd place:

screenshot20101019at513.png

All Smitherman needs to do is show 2 cards for the next 7 days:

TransitSlides_round05_ford2015.jpg

TransitSlides_round05_smitherman2020.jpg

Even the least interested in politics will understand the clear choice.

I agree that it's a whole different discussion if they do understand the map re:LRT vs Subway. It's still a discussion I'm prepared to have with them. Unfunded Subway to Scarborough vs city wide reliable rapid transit that will meet the demands of the neighbourhoods it serves but will evolve into a subway network as density justifies it.

I carry both maps on my iPhone. I stopped trying to discuss policies with non-political people and instead just show them this. I converted a Ford fan last night with it. Most of Ford's supporters don't know that they're the biggest losers of his policies.

Might just go with radio or I could go down to the "party room" of my condo and see if the tv is available. I wonder if anyone else has an interest in the debate in my building.

Before I found out that I can get free cable through my supposedly deactivated cable jack (although according to Rogers, it's deactivated and so I'm not paying a dime for it...) I used to go to my building's gym and watch my TV shows while I ran on the treadmill. You can try that.

New Ipsos Reid

Ford 33 George 31 Joe 13 Und 20

Still statistical tie.

However among those certain to vote Ford appears to be leading, which is a first.

This is going to drive me mad until Monday. It seems that Joe's supporters are following his advice to stay home. I'm still optimistic that enough Joe supporters will go to Smitherman last minute, but I wouldn't place any bets.

Why don't pollsters just stick to one number system? Pick decided users or percentage of all users and stick with it. The 30+% to 40+% yo-yoing are confusing.

EDIT: I suck at math. Could somebody please translate those new numbers to percentage of decided voters?

Last edited:
Let me add my voice to those who foresee Pantalone's support bleeding to Smitherman, putting him over the top on Monday.

ARGH! Party room closed on the one day I actually have a need for it. Guess I'll be streaming it over the radio then...

I've set up an IRC channel for anyone that wants to discuss the debate in real-time with me.

irc.whatnet.org channel #toronto2010

Does anybody know where to find Cp24 radio online? It simply redirects to the CP24 tv website and there's no live streaming of the radio feed...

Thanks! Amazing.

Ford is performing well in this debate. But so is Pantalone and Smitherman. It's still a toss up...

This would be infinitely better without Pantalone interfering with the contenders. Smitherman has been use to virtually ignore him and stay on point with Ford.

Back