News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Hard to link due to iPad, but Star's Goods blog has a hilarious rundown of TTC estimates for the cost of Ford's 'Start from the Stone Age' transit plan. In addition to the costs of contract cancellations, new buses and drivers etc etc they estimate the cost of physically removing and repaving tracks and wires at $1100 a metre (!)...which by my calculation gets us to what, $75 billion?

Even if you left tracks and wires in place, the figures suggest you'd be spending something like a billion dollars just to replicate the service that already exists.

Hard to link due to iPad, but Star's Goods blog has a hilarious rundown of TTC estimates for the cost of Ford's 'Start from the Stone Age' transit plan. In addition to the costs of contract cancellations, new buses and drivers etc etc they estimate the cost of physically removing and repaving tracks and wires at $1100 a metre (!)...which by my calculation gets us to what, $75 billion?

Even if you left tracks and wires in place, the figures suggest you'd be spending something like a billion dollars just to replicate the service that already exists.

http://thestar.blogs.com/thegoods/

there you go :D

The union behind tens of thousands of Toronto construction workers is throwing its support behind George Smitherman

“It’s a difficult choice: Joe Pantalone’s been a huge friend of labour for a long time. … But we felt at this point in time, George Smitherman is our candidate with the best chance of being elected mayor of Toronto,” Mr. St. John said. “George is a candidate that will work with us.”

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...e-of-long-time-ally-pantalone/article1762542/

Kelly McParland of the National Post summed up the campaign perfectly in this article just posted:

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com...us-justin-trudeau-and-the-unions-your-choice/

"So there you go. Mr. Smitherman is gaining ground because people of widely varying political views all figure he can be persuaded to do the kind of deals politicians always do. They don’t like Ford because they figure he’ll likely try to stick to his promises.

There’s your choice."

Pretty much what I said at post 4113

Hey Peepers, you still haven't answered us. Who has ever balanced the budget by increasing service, lowering taxes, and reducing "waste"? Who is this mythical figure?

Georges new campaign poster

gravytrain1.jpg

Those efforts to smear Smitherman's name are about as sophisticated as Rob Ford's debating skills. The latter shouldn't talk about gravy trains, either.

When the gravy train stops, maybe Ford will be able to sell it for a few bucks.

Just...plain...exhausted by this campaign, but excited to talk to so many people.

I have been talking to a lot of Ford supporters and, as expected, are mostly nonsensical in their arguments, but they have an underlying anger and frustration that is legitimate, and I try my best to speak to that.

What are they angry about? That they pay less taxes then their neighbours in 905? Do they feel they are not contributing enough?

Perhaps they are angry that the slowdown in City Hall hiring over the last few years, has understaffed departments, and makes it difficult to get a building permit quickly?

Back