News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Really? I would think it a harder task to find an instance where Ford ISN'T being (intentionally or not) racist or ignorant:

but this was one of the many that floated up on youtube's search results: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7adTyQDwa7o&feature=related

So just because he used the outmoded term "oriental" to describe Asians and a poor choice of words to describe their very strong work ethic ("they work like dogs") this makes him a racist? Is that all you have on Ford to prove he is a "racist"?

I use to think Ford was a big fat lard ass...

However, he seems like a decent guy who has huge flaws.

Smittermen has massive flaws, and I think just because he was a liberal and the fact he is gay, many of the progressives on this board just ignore that. Following any politician blindly is silly, just look at how sad Obama supporters are in the US.

He has anger, deep anger like the whole senior diapers flap and his antics at Queens park are quite comparable to Rob Ford. Unlike Ford, Smiterman has held an actual position of power and has overseen massive government waste when he was the head of the health department.

So, Ford has his flaws but Smitterman is no saint and Ford is not a racist...

Ford was at a local Sikh temple and fitted in rather well with everyone. Won me over...

How much is the Ford campaign paying you?

oh good lord, the globe and mail comment section has found another nest of latte sipping elites to kick in...

How much is the Ford campaign paying you?

I have been observing this discussion which was civil but it appears the fact that it is still close, is scaring the crap out of some people so they have just gone a crazy witch hunt against Ford.

Sad, you accuse Ford Supporters of being silly.

What I see here by Smittermen supporters is just as bad.

I have been observing this discussion which was civil but it appears the fact that it is still close, is scaring the crap out of some people so they have just gone a crazy witch hunt against Ford.

Not silly. Just on the payroll. And just you.

Of course no mention in the Globe about the fact that Smitherman REFUSES to release his list until AFTER the election OR that the list of names was very ethnically diverse. The Globe is as bad as the Star in its biased reporting in support of Smitherman

Smitherman's list revealed today, by the auditor general. See all those consultants, those are the donors.

Has anybody seen a Ford or Pants TV ad? It doesn't seem like their level of fundraising has allowed them to buy TV ad slots. I'm going to assume that George has fundraised close to the limit which may or may not work in his favour. I don't think he wants to be seen as the man with the dollar advantage.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...orsement-for-mayor-of-toronto/article1767954/

G&M endorsement. Though not much of one.

Mr. Ford and Mr. Smitherman have similarly unpersuasive and unsatisfactory platforms. In the end, Mr. Smitherman’s ability to get things done makes him the better candidate; Torontonians may have to live in hope that he tries to do the right things, and that he comes to see the city’s financial predicament as the fight of his life. The electors of Toronto should guardedly opt for George Smitherman.

Are me and Peepers the only Rob Ford supporters that have posted recently on this thread? Every single forum or comment section I go to, there are a bunch of left wing Smitherman supporters bashing Ford like no freaking tomorrow. Yet Ford still has tons of support? Are Rob Ford supporters scared to admit they will vote for him or are Smithermans supporters just desperate?

And you're overlooking the point I made in the post above yours. If you want to get into the *real* heart and soul of Urban Toronto, which is beyond all this tedious Ford vs Smitherman (vs Pantalone) discussion, visit this thread
http://urbantoronto.ca/showthread.php?6947-Miscellany-Toronto-Then-Now

And if you can't be bothered, or it bores you--get lost.

Has anybody seen a Ford or Pants TV ad? It doesn't seem like their level of fundraising has allowed them to buy TV ad slots. I'm going to assume that George has fundraised close to the limit which may or may not work in his favour. I don't think he wants to be seen as the man with the dollar advantage.

Well, I have personally heard quite a few Ford radio ads. I guess Smitherman has the advantage for at least having a TV spot, but I have never seen it on the air. Has anyone else seen it (not including YouTube)?

Simple Man--may I repeat what I offered Colvis.

If you want to be a UT member with any semblance of site-specific sensitivity, go though this thread
http://urbantoronto.ca/showthread.php?6947-Miscellany-Toronto-Then-Now
And if threads like that are just headache-inducing gobbledygook to you, you don't belong on Urban Toronto. Period.

wow how ignorant of you...

Just because I don't like Smitterman you think I have no liking of Urban affairs.

I always look through the Construction forum to check out all the new buildings.

I am quite sad, that this site which I have observed for a while has gone to the dogs in the past week.

Lordmandeep are you trying to get banned? It's pretty obvious that Simple Man is your dupe account...

Back