News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

What? Don't expect the TTC to be aware that the Bloor/Yonge line has hit it's full capacity when that happens. Their own employees can't even bother to tell us not to pay when service is down.

they are expanding the capacity of the Yonge Line/ Bloor lines with updated headways and new trains with larger capacity. Still a while to go before new subways downtown will be needed...

Look at the picture above. How many new buildings in the last 5 years? Huge increase. The subway issue is coming sooner than later.

i really like the red brick tones of the older buildings. Perhaps it's nostalgia towards Toronto's industrial past.

That CP line cutting through the middle of the city woud be an ideal GO train line to help move people east-west and help offset the crowding on the Bloor line. Not everyone travels south to work!

The TTC can't increase capacity without an increase in reliability. They should be able to do 2min 30 sec now... but often don't due to boarding times, malfunctions, passenger caused issues, etc. We need the DRL... not just for capacity but for back-up when a rail is broken, there is smoke, there is a issue at track level, when a train experiences a mechanical issue, etc.

For all intensive purposes the Yonge line is at capacity now during peak periods. Bigger trains (only 10%) will simply absorb the latent demand. The TTC claims it can increase the frequency from 2:30 to 1:30 but that is not physically possible without massive costs to expand Bloor station. Heck, they can't even keep the 2:30 headway in rush hour without a delay EVERY SINGLE DAY!

Lets not kid ourselves. Toronto needs a new line downtown now!

Great! I Hope Toronto keeps growing fast and take over Chicago soon.
And my humble wish for Toronto is to become the 2nd largest city in North America next to New York City before the mid of 21 century! :)

Back