News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

It does a good job of showing both the danger of authoritarian over-reach; and the idiocy of those who provide the excuse for such w/their extreme indifference to sensible precautions.

A world without enough middle ground; too many who think the guidance isn't for them; too many who think they've been appointed by a higher power to police every form of conduct by others, whether or not they understand the first thing about the science involved.

Coronavirus May ‘Reactivate’ in Cured Patients, Korean CDC Says

April 9, 2020, 12:25 AM EDT

The coronavirus may be “reactivating” in people who have been cured of the illness, according to Korea’s Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

About 51 patients classed as having been cured in South Korea have tested positive again, the CDC said in a briefing on Monday. Rather than being infected again, the virus may have been reactivated in these people, given they tested positive again shortly after being released from quarantine, said Jeong Eun-kyeong, director-general of the Korean CDC.

“While we are putting more weight on reactivation as the possible cause, we are conducting a comprehensive study on this,” Jeong said. “There have been many cases when a patient during treatment will test negative one day and positive another.”

www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-09/coronavirus-may-reactivate-in-cured-patients-korean-cdc-says

I think the key here is "reactivate" rather than recur say six months later ... perhaps this is why some areas are requiring two negative tests before clearing people.

Hopefully people stay home this Easter weekend or we will see a huge spike in Covid numbers and more deaths in the coming weeks.

1586539414182.png

For those wondering about supply chain issues, particularly as they related to dairy...

I came across a super informative thread from a dairy farmer on Twitter, explaining what's happening in the supply chain.

I commend anyone to read it. (its long, so I won't repost here)

But a couple of interesting notes:

Figures out of the US (Cdn #'s should come soon) show increases through retail of 53% in milk, 84% in cheese, 127% for butter. All while food service demand collapsed.

Also

Farmers typically have only 72 hours of storage capacity for fresh milk; and normally get a pick-up every 48 hours; if anything happens where a truck can't come, most can't store milk through the next pickup.

Great post (I don't do social media). I am fairly familiar with the dairy supply chain but had not considered the loss of the commercial side of the business. The dairy industry is predicated on a fairly balanced flow-through. In the US, I'm wondering if they will dump milk or cull their herds, which will cause problems down the road.

Here's an update video from 1abacaba1:

Yes.

Remember not to panic but be prepared.

Wash fabric reusable shopping bags (along with the clothes) in the laundry, to kill the virus.

See link.

...imagine that coronavirus is your butter dish, covered with buttery fat.

"You try to wash your butter dish with water alone, but that butter is not coming off the dish," Williams explained. "You need some soap to dissolve grease. So soap or alcohol are very, very effective against dissolving that greasy liquid coating of the virus."

What does getting rid of that outer layer do to the germ?

"It physically inactivates the virus, so it can't bind to and enter human cells anymore," Wllliams said.

Just how soap accomplishes this feat is rather strange and fascinating science.

It's all about how soap molecules are formed -- each looks much like a tiny sperm, with a head and tail. The head bonds with water but the tail rejects it, preferring oil and fat.

Frantically trying to escape water, the tail of the soap is drawn to the fatty outer layer of the virus and begins to pry it open, much like we might use a crowbar to separate two pieces of wood.

Once the virus or bacteria splits open, it spills its guts into the soapy water and dies...

Back