News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

New Yorkers are getting fatter during Covid.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/25/...weight-gain.html?referringSource=articleShare

It‘s interesting, because I’m healthier than I’ve been in years. I’m 49 years old, 6ft and in January weighed 212 lbs. I’ve been working from home since mid March, and now weigh 200 lbs, and expect to be 195 lbs (according to my new DropIt! app) by mid August. For one, through the app I track my food and drink against a set calorie limit, and never eat before 11am or after 7pm. Then I walk the dog twice a day, each about 40 mins. I still drink beer, eat sweets, but I add them into the app, and if I’m over, I ride the stationary bike for half an hour or more to bring the total daily calories back down. My poor dog must have walked about 500 km since March, lol. Working from home, I’m finding I’m much less stressed, I get to see my family more, I enjoy my work more, and I’m taking time to sit on the porch or backyard with a podcast or book.

My point, for my health and weight, the Covid closure has been beneficial. It’s too bad NY got fatter.

New Yorkers are getting fatter during Covid.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/25/...weight-gain.html?referringSource=articleShare

It‘s interesting, because I’m healthier than I’ve been in years. I’m 49 years old, 6ft and in January weighed 212 lbs. I’ve been working from home since mid March, and now weigh 200 lbs, and expect to be 195 lbs (according to my new DropIt! app) by mid August. For one, through the app I track my food and drink against a set calorie limit, and never eat before 11am or after 7pm. Then I walk the dog twice a day, each about 40 mins. I still drink beer, eat sweets, but I add them into the app, and if I’m over, I ride the stationary bike for half an hour or more to bring the total daily calories back down. My poor dog must have walked about 500 km since March, lol. Working from home, I’m finding I’m much less stressed, I get to see my family more, I enjoy my work more, and I’m taking time to sit on the porch or backyard with a podcast or book.

My point, for my health and weight, the Covid closure has been beneficial. It’s too bad NY got fatter.

Same here. I'm 5' 11 and 162 lbs. I actually lost 20 lbs during the pandemic.

After some worrisome looking bounces in new cases, and hospitalizations, today's Covid numbers are reasonably encouraging.

Hospitalizations, province-wide, under 100 for the first time since they started releasing the stats in March.

New case growth was 0.36% which is sorta flat ~ around where we've been sitting the last 2 weeks if you take out the couple of high days.

1 death yesterday.

More improvement needed. But I'll take the day's news.

1595688152780.png

We pulled the old wii fit out of the closet in late March as our covid-19 home exercise regime. It’s great fun and the combination of tracking and gamification works. Ironically I think it’s even more useful as a fitness tool for people as they get older versus the young. I used to be more dismissive of lower impact exercise like yoga, step, strength exercises requiring no equipment, balance exercises etc. I totally flattened by stomach after 5 years of neglect since my kids were born.

Priorities, priorities:

AoD

Movie theater have not been vectors of the disease so I think they can open with more capacity.

Maybe they have people wear masks during movies.

Should be pretty fine.

Like back in April we would think opening malls was crazy and now nothing happened.

All of these moves mean that theme parks should open.

Cedar Fair (owner of Canada's Wonderland) and the Holer Family (owner of Marineland) to Ford: OPEN THEME PARKS! THEY'RE SAFER THAN BARS, RESTAURANTS, AND CINEMAS! OUR ATTORNEYS ARE ON STANDBY!

York Region Public Health (YRPH) is urging anyone who attended a large party in Schomberg on July 12 to get tested for COVID-19.

Three confirmed cases of the virus and one probable case have been linked to a cluster of infections that stem from the large gathering, says the local health unit.

A public heath notice has been issued by York Region to help with contact tracing for anyone that was at 17015 8th Concession in the Township of King from 6 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/york-region-party-schomberg-leads-covid-outbreak-1.5663307

Police and bylaw officers say they broke up a Brampton house party attended by as many as 200 people on Saturday night.

Organizers tried to keep the gathering off social media and hide the event from their neighbours, according to Peel Regional Police.

Officers said they were called to the area of Countryside Drive and Goreway Road around 10 p.m. due to noise complaints and reports of a large party taking place inside a home.

When police arrived on scene with bylaw officers, it took them about an hour to disperse everybody and send them home.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toro...se-party-with-200-reportedly-inside-1.5663755

Police and bylaw officers say they broke up a Brampton house party attended by as many as 200 people on Saturday night.

Organizers tried to keep the gathering off social media and hide the event from their neighbours, according to Peel Regional Police.

Officers said they were called to the area of Countryside Drive and Goreway Road around 10 p.m. due to noise complaints and reports of a large party taking place inside a home.

When police arrived on scene with bylaw officers, it took them about an hour to disperse everybody and send them home.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toro...se-party-with-200-reportedly-inside-1.5663755

Yet people wonder why Peel and Toronto can't go into Stage 3...

This is going well...

The Miami Marlins' home opener against the Baltimore Orioles scheduled for later on Monday has been cancelled after a number of players from the Florida-based Major League Baseball club tested positive for the coronavirus, according to multiple reports.

The Marlins, who opened their season last Friday with a three-game series in Philadelphia, were originally scheduled to return home after Sunday's game but decided to wait until Monday to travel so they could undergo testing.

According to ESPN, eight players and two coaches tested positive after the latest round of testing on Sunday. That comes after four players received positive test results during the team's trip to Philadelphia.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/baseball/mlb/miami-marlins-covid-19-1.5664203

Back