News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Cineplex wasting no time.

It will have 25 locations across Ontario open this Friday.

With others phased in during the following weeks.

These are the City of Toronto cinemas reopening on Friday:

Toronto-Cineplex Cinemas Empress Walk,
Toronto•Cineplex Cinemas Queensway & VIP,
Toronto•Cineplex Cinemas Yonge-Eglinton and VIP,
Toronto•Cineplex Cinemas Yonge-Dundas and VIP,
Toronto•Cineplex Cinemas Yorkdale,
Toronto•Cineplex Odeon Eglinton Town Centre Cinemas, Toronto

Note:

Cineplex will be cash-less
Box Office is closed
All seating reserved
Masks required when not eating/drinking
Straws and condiments behind counter, on request
Limited menu
Limit of 50 persons per Auditorium
VIP cinemas are closed
Physical Distancing in Auditorium required (different parties have to have empty seats between them)
Patrons will be asked to use alternative exits as opposed to the lobby/point-of-entry (expect some back stairs)
Start and Finish times of all movies will be staggered by a minimum of 15 minutes.

Cineplex Press Release here:

Cineplex Health/Safety FAQ here:

Most movies will repertory for the first week. Stuff like Jaws is being re-released.

Limited new niche product may be on offer.

Movies are $5 unless otherwise stated.

School reopening plan is out, TVO has the details here:

Key items, masks are mandatory for all students from Grade 4 up with reasonable exceptions.

Masks are recommended but not required for students JK - Grade 3.

School 5-days per week for Elementary/Middle students but with some attempt to keep one continuous class group together (this is mostly the way it is now, but sometimes classes are split for gym/French etc.)

High School students in designated boards, including Toronto will have school every other day.

Cohorting where possible (mainly grade 9/10 I'd suspect as I don't see how you can cohort electives).

New investments noted below:

1596129843397.png

Ok, everyone laugh and cry at the same time!

I'm reading the detailed regulations now..............

The government of Ontario is reducing class sizes for fall!

The average size of Kindergarten classes will be reduced from 32 to 26 with a cap of 29

No change in class sizes for elementary from Grade 1 up.

While I would like to criticize not lowering the elementary numbers, for Grade 1+, I suspect, if returning to 5-day school there isn't physically enough space available to do so for all grades.

I think an argument might be made for smaller groups for those in the Grade 1-3 range on the basis of masks not being mandatory; though I'm not sure, in all honesty that it makes an epidemiological difference.

Ok, everyone laugh and cry at the same time!

I'm reading the detailed regulations now..............

The government of Ontario is reducing class sizes for fall!

The average size of Kindergarten classes will be reduced from 32 to 26 with a cap of 29

No change in class sizes for elementary from Grade 1 up.

While I would like to criticize not lowering the elementary numbers, for Grade 1+, I suspect, if returning to 5-day school there isn't physically enough space available to do so for all grades.

I think an argument might be made for smaller groups for those in the Grade 1-3 range on the basis of masks not being mandatory; though I'm not sure, in all honesty that it makes an epidemiological difference.
Along with the new bike lanes, smaller class sizes are another thing that should be made permanent!

Well. the opposition Liberals clearly are not at all satisfied w/the plan.

This is their commentary:

1596131178100.png

I don't want to clog the thread with everyone and their brother's take on the government's plan. But this made me cringe/laugh.

1596131868334.png

Wonder where all those public health nurses are going to come from. Good career choice for those that happened to be on that track.

New conditions on Americans who wish to drive through Canada to access Alaska.

I have not understood this bit at all. Forget these chumps. A closed border is a closed border. Don't like it? Sell it back to the Russians you self-entitled degens.

Why they should have a right-of-passage through our land is beyond me. Forget these people. Go around on a boat.

And next, I'll tell you how I really feel.

These dickheads are showing up in the Okanagan and doing wine tours, my Okanagan wine industry spies are telling me. Did you get lost? Needed a refresher?

#Buildthewallmakethempayforit

"We don't need no stinkin' masks" Cain refused to wear a mask at Trumps Tulsa rally.

I love shit like this. Not because a man has died (though my view of death isn't as dreary as most people's) but because this is the universe having a laugh and when the universe laughs, it's a beautiful sound.

My mum left for Europe last week to attend the funeral of the last of my family's generation of my grandparents' vintage and I'm half expecting her to come back with the plague. Though, she's gone to a place where it's well under control so maybe not.

I have not understood this bit at all. Forget these chumps. A closed border is a closed border. Don't like it? Sell it back to the Russians you self-entitled degens.

Why they should have a right-of-passage through our land is beyond me. Forget these people. Go around on a boat.

And next, I'll tell you how I really feel.

These dickheads are showing up in the Okanagan and doing wine tours, my Okanagan wine industry spies are telling me. Did you get lost? Needed a refresher?

#Buildthewallmakethempayforit

I'm in complete agreement w/the sentiment.

Though I wonder if we have a treaty obligation of some kind.

The only thing I could find is a cursory suggestion that American access to the highway must be on the same terms as Canadians.

Supposing my interpretation is correct; I might wonder if we could just close the highway to Canadians and/or set up criteria that would have the effect of closing the highway to Americans.

Last edited:
Sunrise,

Not anxious, angry.

You work in trades as I understand. Just because you chew-out the guys for being behind schedule on Monday doesn’t mean you can’t celebrate them for getting the job done on Friday.

On that note, this is just round one. Cautionary tails from abroad with early standouts Australia and Japan now seeing outbreaks with daily new infections worse than Ontario at the height of our first wave.

Back