News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

It’s not official. That is not an official announcement. It is a leak. It’s very likely but that doesn’t make it official until Doug says it.

The announcement, w/e the details, is due at 11am tomorrow; or at least that's what on the press schedule.

The effective date I was given privately was midnight on Dec 25th; but exact details may vary.

I've been messaging with people in Germany. This is the first time for them where buying fireworks for New Years Eve is forbidden in the country. You can still but them in Poland and Czechia, but if you're caught in a group in public burning them then they'll get fined. Also first time that drinking alcohol in public is forbidden.

It's official.

Province wide lockdown as of Thursday.

These lockdowns are ridiculous. A true lockdown is every business shutdown, every indoor public place shut down. No pharmacies, no food stores, no hardware stores, no pet shops.... everything shut. If you need food or meds, it’s preorder and outside pick-up. It’s riculous that I can walk into Walmart or Costco with a hundred other people solely because they sell groceries.

Last edited:
It would be concerning if the current vaccines cannot address the new strain.

Don't have enough the data just yet. "It should work" is what the experts are saying. If it doesn't work., well... we’re in for another year in 2021 like this year.

Don't have enough the data just yet. "It should work" is what the experts are saying. If it doesn't work., well... we’re in for another year in 2021 like this year.
Worse, if this strain is more contagious and immunity to the primary strain (from vaccine or prior infection) doesn't protect against it.

I'm not sure how material the issue of the new Covid strain is........I'm neither sensationalizing nor minimizing.....I am observing.

That said............I am sure @gabe 's perception of it is catchy.

I am curious to hear tomorrow’s official announcement. One of my first thoughts about today’s “leak” is that it was a very deliberate trial balloon floated to test the waters. I have seen others mention this as well. Once again, we await Doug Ford’s admonitions to yahoos, his protestations regarding his bleeding heart, and his assertions that he is only following the advice of the medical advisors.

I am curious to hear tomorrow’s official announcement. One of my first thoughts about today’s “leak” is that it was a very deliberate trial balloon floated to test the waters. I have seen others mention this as well. Once again, we await Doug Ford’s admonitions to yahoos, his protestations regarding his bleeding heart, and his assertions that he is only following the advice of the medical advisors.

I'm tired of all the bleeding hearts in the GTA that think they don't need to be locked down like Halton or Durham.

York said the same thing and everyone went there. Then eventually they went to Hamilton.

Where do you think people will go next.. Durham borders York Region and you can bet your ass people will flock to Oshawa and Pickering.

We need a provincial lockdown if this is to be brought under control

Back