News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

My husband, a dual citizen, returned to Toronto a few days ago after 10 days in Pittsburgh. There were no restrictions or requirements whatsoever when he entered the U.S. Coming back was another story; he had to get a COVID test before he left the U.S. and show the results at the border, where he was given another test and a test kit to use on day 8 of his return; a courier will drop by to pick it up. He had a call from the government reminding him of his 14-day quarantine; apparently, someone can call or even visit at any time to make sure he stays put. Adding other requirements would seem like overkill to me; a 3-day quarantine in a hotel would be mostly useless considering the incubation period of the virus.

I wasn't reassured when he told me his mother had a couple of friends over while he was there, but everyone had already been vaccinated weeks before, and he himself got his second Pfizer shot (which was free, unlike his $125 pre-departure COVID test). I had to flee to a hotel before he came back since I had a medical test and couldn't be in contact with anyone who had traveled.

Walked through Riverdale Park East with the fam today. I can’t believe that each of these groupings consists of people from one household. Who’s enforcing these rules?

17CF7440-4926-4073-8348-025B168836C8.jpeg
835D3D34-860A-4F4B-B371-2F007D79076D.jpeg

Last edited:
Admiral you can't expect people to not leave their homes.
Of course. We were certainly out.... but you won’t find me congregating with anyone from outside my household until the lockdown is up. This morning I rode my motorcycle solo for four hours to Port Perry, Uxbridge and Musselman’s Lake. That’s the extent of it, either hanging with the immediate family or out on a solo bicycle or motorcycle ride.

Walked through Riverdale Park East with the fam today. I can’t believe that each of these groupings consists of people from one household. Who’s enforcing these rules?

View attachment 320009View attachment 320010
The "family" groups look MORE than 2 metres apart. That's also why they should allow tennis and golf, because most of the participants would be more than 2 metres apart.

The 2 metre apart lineups for getting vaccinations look closer together than the people in the park.

Hanging out in a park with a small socially distanced group is among the safest things you can do right now from an epidemiological perspective. The risk of outdoor transmission is negligible unless you're packed tightly in a crowd with no wind. The public health guidance here doesn't reflect the latest science. In this case, it's the rules that are bad, not the behaviour.

Back