News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

This isn’t a huge surprise

We'll see a demand for larger, enclosed offices for each member of the family. Or at least a demand for murphy beds.

murphy-home-office.jpeg

murphy-home-office1.jpeg

From link.

Our apartment is three bedrooms, basically four with the solarium factored in. My best guess it is would be around 1200 square feet. Not everyone is in that position though, so I get why some people would want to return to the office. Being at home with kids also drives some people crazy.

Last edited:
When my husband was in quarantine, he got about five phone calls and a visit. It's not harassment, it's monitoring, and considering how people behave these days, it's needed.
Nov 2020 I got covid, supposedly from St Joe's where my brother was, got 3 calls and a parcel of food - no visit no follow up, so I guess they knew where it came from. I felt abandoned and ignored but very grateful not to have to go to hospital. Following the rules was not easy - couldn't even take out the garbage. When I ran out of food PizzaHut was my saviour. I don't think any long term effects but my brain is still a bit foggy. The isolation has been awful, it's so unnatural.

Interesting the different experiences. A close family member was recently quarantined for a month as the three of them each took their turn with COVID. Lots of follow up from public health providing info, doing check ins etc.

How many of those not wanting to return have more than one bedroom and 600sqft of space?

My apartment is about 700 sq ft, and nostalgia is the only reason I have to go back to my office, where I haven't worked since March of last year but whose rent I'm still paying and that has essentially become a glorified storage locker. For a few months before my business partner retires and our lease ends a year from now, I would enjoy going back to the life we have both had since the mid-1990s. But the fact is, all I need is a laptop, and I'm wondering if things will ever be as they once were anyway.

I’m interested to return to the office for social reasons, but not 5 days a week, it’s not necessary. 2-3 days would be enough to see people face to face.

Last edited:
I can't wait to go back - for me it's less a space issue, and more of a routine issue. I don't miss the commuting though, and it will take a some time to not freak out over close proximity with others at rush.

AoD

A tiny sliver of normalcy returns.

Premier Ford will now allow 550 fully vaccinated frontline health care workers to attend Game 7 between Leafs/Canadiens.

It further goes on to note all have received their second dose at least two weeks ago. While you could argue for more to be there, the short notice here is a factor, and there's no doubt issues on the MLSE side with getting staff there on site at the arena to support this, checking credentials, security, even people to clean up the washrooms etc., not to mention that when you open it up broader to say 2,500, like they had in Montreal, it starts to get into a more complex deliberation about "who gets the tickets"? This is very simply specific hospitals downtown near the arena.

The more important question is will the Leafs botch this night and ruin it for them!

If the Leafs win tonight, the first two Leafs vs. Jets game will be here in Toronto, almost certainly on Wednesday, with the second game on Friday (then it goes over to Winnipeg). They might have a plan for fans to attend for the Friday game.

Last edited:
Only 18K tests but it is not too bad, It will be interesting to see how the rest of the week goes.

Ontario is reporting 916 cases of #COVID19 and over 18,200 tests completed

No doubt connected to:

doses.jpg

7 day average down to 1,078.

Looking like it won't drop below 1,000 tomorrow (we would need a case count below 500 tomorrow which I think is unlikely), but it'll be close, and will almost certainly hit that by Wednesday.

I actually told my superiors that if I have to come back to the office more than once a week I'm not coming back. I have plenty of offers elsewhere. I absolutely hate small talk so social interactions are not something I miss at all.

A tiny sliver of normalcy returns.

It further goes on to note all have received their second dose at least two weeks ago. While you could argue for more to be there, the short notice here is a factor, and there's no doubt issues on the MLSE side with getting staff there on site at the arena to support this, checking credentials, security, even people to clean up the washrooms etc., not to mention that when you open it up broader to say 2,500, like they had in Montreal, it starts to get into a more complex deliberation about "who gets the tickets"? This is very simply specific hospitals downtown near the arena.

The more important question is will the Leafs botch this night and ruin it for them!

If the Leafs win tonight, the first two Leafs vs. Jets game will be here in Toronto, almost certainly on Wednesday, with the second game on Friday (then it goes over to Winnipeg). They might have a plan for fans to attend for the Friday game.
706,832 fully vaccinated in Ontario to date.

550 of which would vote Progressive Conservative, so they got first dibs for game tickets. 😄 😄 😭

Back