News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

And really, we should wait at least a couple of weeks after the vaccination thresholds are reached, so the vaccines administered in the last 14 days actually become effective.

Alberta and Saskatchewan are wasting no time. They will be fully open by next month! The delta variant is spreading 3xs faster than the other variants. I think these provinces are jumping the gun!

Two things:

Ford has been rightly roasted for being too quick to open things up before, which prolonged the second wave and exasperated the third wave. With an election less than a year away, he's not going to do that again, so it's erring on the side of caution instead. The plan now at least is province-wide (apart from Porcupine) so it discourages inter-regional travel for things like shopping and personal care.

At the same time, there's no sign of a spike in cases after the first phase opening. Transmission is very low with things like retail shopping with capacity limits, outdoor dining, and haircuts compared with factories, warehouses, LTCs, and construction sites where most outbreaks were coming from and would still be coming from.

But thanks to provincial incompetence and mismanagement between October and May, as well as long-term neglect of the health system, Ontario has been under harder and longer restrictions than anywhere else in North America.

Alberta and Saskatchewan are wasting no time. They will be fully open by next month! The delta variant is spreading 3xs faster than the other variants. I think these provinces are jumping the gun!

The Delta variant is concerning, but a bit of positive news:

“An analysis released by Public Health England looked specifically at how effective the vaccines were at keeping those with the Delta variant from being hospitalized, and found they were “highly effective” at preventing hospitalization, according to a press release.

The study found that after one dose, AstraZeneca was 71 per cent effective, and Pfizer was 94 per cent effective against the Delta variant.”
From CTV News

Really they should be skipping to Stage 3. The numbers are all treading in the right direction.
They were trending in the right direction last June as well, until we got cocky.

8CE90979-4BCA-48F8-AC58-19E06804061F.png

Last edited:
Second dose administration seems to be going well online this morning.

I got my first dose on May 30th but was able to score a second dose this Sunday at Scotiabank Arena. Woot Woot! Originally I was not going to mix doses but this was too good to pass up.

My original 2nd dose at St. Joe's was supposed to be on August 23, but then they rebooked for June 24 (tomorrow).

Yesterday just before noon they called me to say there were some appointments available right away until 5pm, and what time could I come in. I was vaxxed by 1pm. Hopefully all done now until the next pandemic. :)

I had also gone through the provincial portal and various pharmacies to book shots, but St. Joe's was the fastest for the first shot, and once I was in their system, it was really organized and quick to get the second. The actual vaccine clinics were great too - never any lineups, and completely done within 20 minutes, including the post-shot wait. Shouldn't have bothered with the provincial system and pharmacies, but I was able to help some others book appointments, so that's a positive.

Wish everyone could have that St Joe's experience, without the lineups and booking hassles.

This Sunday Metrolinx and the TTC will be providing free service to vaccination clinics in Toronto as part of the City of Toronto's vaccine effort.

Metrolinx will provide service to and from Union Station for the Scotiabank Arena clinic while the TTC will provide free service to and from and City of Toronto clinics. Proof of appointment, employment or volunteering at a clinic is required.

Under 300 on the Hospitalization front...........

And should manage the same for ICU as early as tomorrow.

1624459620494.png

Back