News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I am truly curious whether mask-wearing for colds, flus and coughs will take as a general practice. (not universally, but among a good chunk of the population). I haven't gotten a single cold or flu in the past year and a half - and I am someone who always gets colds every year, sometimes more than once.

AoD

The flu has been pretty much nonexistent this past year because of the mask wearing. Watch it will make a big come back when all the masks come off. My friend in the US is fully vaccinated, so she went shopping maskless, and within two weeks she caught a nasty head cold!!

I have been working out in public and doing all the shopping/ riding public transit this past year and i haven't caught a thing, not even a stuffy nose. Which is rare for me, i usually get a few head colds a year.

So Quebec will maintain social distancing and masks at least until November for offices. I'm afraid Ontario will be doing something similar because of its risk averness. Rdiculous.
My employer is making noises about going to 40% occupancy. I'm skeptical. I have no real interest in being at the office if I have to wear a mask most of the time and can't use the coffee station or cafeteria.

The flu has been pretty much nonexistent this past year because of the mask wearing. Watch it will make a big come back when all the masks come off. My friend in the US is fully vaccinated, so she went shopping maskless, and within two weeks she caught a nasty head cold!!

I have been working out in public and doing all the shopping/ riding public transit this past year and i haven't caught a thing, not even a stuffy nose. Which is rare for me, i usually get a few head colds a year.
It's been strange. I got a persistent dry cough in September but that's been it in the last year and half. For all I know, it was COVID. I couldn't get an appointment to get tested and didn't feel unwell, so I just isolated for a few weeks. I had no other symptoms which makes me doubtful it was COVID.

I am truly curious whether mask-wearing for colds, flus and coughs will take as a general practice. (not universally, but among a good chunk of the population). I haven't gotten a single cold or flu in the past year and a half - and I am someone who always gets colds every year, sometimes more than once.

AoD
As stupid as holding the Olympics this year are, the usual gastro diseases that spread regularly around training cohorts apparently haven't made an appearance. Coaches are chalking it up to the extra hygiene and health precautions.

Funny how enhanced health and safety measures that limit the opportunity to spread germs have resulted in lower rates of communicable disease. Imagine that!
Makes you wonder how many communicable diseases we could eradicate with just masks and hand washing alone. Norovirus, the flu, various rhinoviruses, etc.

AoD
Can we just stay home when we’re sick. Even during a pandemic we’re still forcing sick people to go into work.

My employer is making noises about going to 40% occupancy. I'm skeptical. I have no real interest in being at the office if I have to wear a mask most of the time and can't use the coffee station or cafeteria.
The union at my workplace signed a new agreement so it's mandatory 3 days at home per week. starting end of September. I negociated 9/10 days working from home with my boss. I don't care at all to go back honestly, so much more productivity from home.

Makes you wonder how many communicable diseases we could eradicate with just masks and hand washing alone. Norovirus, the flu, various rhinoviruses, etc.
Our bodies need to get infections to protect itself though. Hyper sterility is not something to aim for. Luckily we have new means of vaccination which will help enormously.

That's a luxury for people with sick days - and not everyone have them.

AoD
You can thank Doug Ford for reversing the two paid, job-protected sick days for all workers policy in Ontario. Introduced back in 2017, reversed in in October 2018.

Could have improved it to 10 paid sick days, but no.

Our bodies need to get infections to protect itself though. Hyper sterility is not something to aim for. Luckily we have new means of vaccination which will help enormously.
I wouldn't say anyone needs to get influenza, which kills thousands of people a year in normal times. The annual flu vaccine will take care of our immune systems, and wearing a mask (or staying home) when ill would help keep the number of cases down. But sanitizing everything, on the other hand, should probably be avoided.

Ontario is reporting 200 cases of #COVID19 today and 284 cases reported yesterday. Not bad but the curve looks pretty flat; it will be interesting to see how things change 10 days after more 'stuff' opened up on 30th.

1625238399472.png

Funny how enhanced health and safety measures that limit the opportunity to spread germs have resulted in lower rates of communicable disease. Imagine that!
I really hope this is a lasting positive impact after COVID and not just something that people forget after covid restrictions are lifted.

I am overall optimistic though that it seems that most if not all major commercial real estate operators and property managers in the City are incorporating lasting health and safety protocols in all their office buildings now.

Ontario is reporting 200 cases of #COVID19 today and 284 cases reported yesterday. Not bad but the curve looks pretty flat; it will be interesting to see how things change 10 days after more 'stuff' opened up on 30th.

View attachment 332062

Positivity is down slightly to 0.9% both of the last 2 days.

ICU down by 19 over the 2 days.

So........progress.

Back