News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9.3K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.3K     0 

Usually the weekends are low in terms of new cases due to lower testing.

I can see us reaching between 500 and 600 daily cases this week in Ontario.
The positivity rate is shooting up so when (if?) we return to the regular ca 25 to 30K tests daily, it most certainly will do so.

POSITIVITY RATE

1628434295326.png

I don't know if I missed it, apologies if I did, but it seems Israel has developed a rather effective treatment drug for Covid.

The headline out of Phase 2 clinical trial in Greece is that of 30 hospitalized patients treated, 100% were cured, 29/30 within 3-5 days, and no material side effects.

The drug is currently identified under the name EXO-CD24.

I don't know if I missed it, apologies if I did, but it seems Israel has developed a rather effective treatment drug for Covid.

The headline out of Phase 2 clinical trial in Greece is that of 30 hospitalized patients treated, 100% were cured, 29/30 within 3-5 days, and no material side effects.

The drug is currently identified under the name EXO-CD24.

Less encouraging is that it's designed to fight the cytokine storm. Not all covid-related deaths are due to that. It probably won't do much against covid-caused pneumonia, for instance.

But on the more encouraging side, because it's designed to fight cytokine storm, it means it should be an effective treatment for host of other diseases, like bacterial sepsis, ebola and other hemorrhagic fevers, etc.

Less encouraging is that it's designed to fight the cytokine storm. Not all covid-related deaths are due to that. It probably won't do much against covid-caused pneumonia, for instance.

But on the more encouraging side, because it's designed to fight cytokine storm, it means it should be an effective treatment for host of other diseases, like bacterial sepsis, ebola and other hemorrhagic fevers, etc.
I should note that it'll also be really helpful in organ and stem-cell transplants, where cytokine storm is a cause of rejection.

I suspect we are well on our way for the 4th wave. Hospitalization rising for several days in a row is not encouraging.

What is particularly worrisome is that schools will soon reopen, and the government hasn't adjusted its vaccination objective based on the latest advice, which would be 90% fully vaccinated. The fourth wave has already started.

Back